Forum Index > Trip Reports > Peers Peak / Manson Ridge (BC) 5/21/2023
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon May 22, 2023 11:51 am 
Weather forecast was for low clouds and some drizzle on this day. So I chose to do an easy peak that would allow me to get wet for a short period of time. I parked as high as I could on the Eight Mile Road overnight. The road was in EXCELLENT shape by Canadian standards. Excellent. I parked at 1200m/3900ft where the timber companies put up berms to block further driving. Woke up in the morning. Well, the weather turned out to be much nicer. No drizzle and the clouds were above 10000 feet. I wish I had other plans to do something else, but I was already committed. So up I walked on the bermed logging road as can be seen by satellite photos. And then cross country up to the ridge, where I finally came across snow at 6000 feet and then easily up to the summit. Followed my way down. 3.5 hours round trip. Saw a black bear. So finished off my day by going up Sumas Mountain and then Poignant Creek Peak. About 2 minutes leaving the summit of Poignant Creek Peak a person came from behind me and asked if I had JUST seen the cougar. The person just saw the cougar about 30 seconds prior meeting me. I did not see the cougar! And I did not hear it. I missed my chance!

Art is an adventure.

Gimpilator
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
raising3hikers

raising3hikers
PostMon May 22, 2023 4:23 pm 
I should have asked where you were going to be Sat night for your Sun trip. I drove right by peers pk. That sounds like it was a good choice for the day

Eric Eames
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message