Forum Index > Partners > Looking for hiking budy in Skykomish Valley, Hwy 2, etc.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dorje
Hiking Buddy

Dorje
Hiking Buddy
PostSat Aug 26, 2023 11:35 am 
62 y.o. man in good shape looking for hiking buddies who like to get up early and do moderate to difficult trails, I live in Gold Bar and enjoy doing local hikes along hwy 2, but open to other destinations as well. I like to start at dawn on weekdays, and prefer uncrowded trails. Never a race to the top for me, but enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Mountain biking, swimming, spelunking and other adventures, too. HMU! -Dorje-

ale_capone
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostTue Aug 29, 2023 3:02 pm 
There's a lady from Sultan that would love to hike with you

Dorje
Hiking Buddy

Dorje
Hiking Buddy
PostTue Aug 29, 2023 5:14 pm 
Oh yes?! Well do tell! 😀 Dorje

WeekendWarrior
M

WeekendWarrior
M
PostThu Sep 07, 2023 4:01 pm 
Hello! I’m getting on a flight to Seattle and will be in Gold Bar tomorrow and Saturday. Would love to go on a morning hike on Saturday. Hoping for something 4 to 6 miles, challenging, good views. Found a few on AllTrails but I’m sure you know the area well.

Dorje
Hiking Buddy

Dorje
Hiking Buddy
PostThu Sep 07, 2023 6:23 pm 
Hi! 4-6 miles each way, or total miles? A good one 4-6 miles round trip, with a great view at the top, would be Bridal Veil falls. It's moderate overall; a gentle 2 mile hike to the falls trailhead, and then about 1/2 mile that ascends steeply to the top of the falls. It is a popular hike, and very busy on nice weekends. Trails with good views in Skykomish Valley are somewhat rare in the 4-6 miles total range. Most of the ones with views of the Valley or surrounding mountains are either much longer, or much shorter. smile.gif Dorje

WeekendWarrior
M

WeekendWarrior
M
PostThu Sep 07, 2023 10:40 pm 
Bridal Veil looks beautiful! Crowded isn’t ideal but not the worst thing. Any thoughts/experience with Wallace Falls via Woody Trail or Mt Persis?

ale_capone

ale_capone
PostSat Sep 09, 2023 10:24 am 
Im kind of curious too. Does Dorje have a secret admirer? wink.gif There is the sky valley hiking group on facebook. Im not a member, but it seems like mostly gold bar people. I havent been doing many long hikes lately. My dog/main partner can only manage a few miles. I'd feel guilty going without her. She only has so many hikes left.