Forum Index > Trail Talk > Changes to Enchantments walkup permits
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostWed May 31, 2023 10:21 pm 
mosey wrote:
It sounds like you are the only one not talking about forest rangers. BPJ says ranger, your first post said ranger, I said ranger, and now you are finding corner cases about volunteers.
I dont know what you are confused about. I never mentioned volunteers. Here is who CAN NOT ban people from National public lands: - ‘Rangers’, - ‘Forest Rangers’ - District Rangers - Seasonal Employees with or with out limited law enforcement authority. - Law Enforcement Officers Here is who CAN ban people from National public lands: Federal JUDGES.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostWed May 31, 2023 11:25 pm 
mosey wrote:
Trespass orders don't require any due process and if given lawfully are valid for 60 days immediately in Washington, not sure what it is on NF land …..
Congratulations on finding an area in this State where the Constitution doesn’t apply. That would not be the case on a National Forest ….where due process DOES apply. I’ve never heard of a ‘trespass order.’ And no, most State civil law doesn’t apply on Federal lands.
mosey wrote:
I find it preposterous how many people seem to think that forests are some free for all where there is no legal authority and rangers are just nerds in uniforms. I used to have friends that would ignore fire bans or firearms safety corridors because they also thought rangers are just glorified parking attendants.
Yes…very few employees you encounter on the NF have as much authority as you might imagine (or like). The very few Law Enforcement Officers do. Thats just how it works…. But, hey…keep trying to argue with experience.

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostWed May 31, 2023 11:27 pm 
Rick Davis GAINED ACCESS back in '09.

mosey
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Jun 01, 2023 4:42 pm 
Well actually it DID happen! I was standing there as he told them they were banned from Enchantment access for five years! Then I asked him what he would have done if they had not accepted his tickets. He said, "Id call the sheriff and get a helicopter in here and remove them!" You can think what you want, I was there.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jun 01, 2023 5:02 pm 
jinx'sboy wrote:
Here is who CAN ban people from National public lands: Federal JUDGES.
Right , but the various other "Rangers" can issue a citation that could result in a judge imposing a ban as well as other penalties.

ChinookPass