Forum Index > Partners > Alpine lakes pack raft hopping.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wade63
guitarman

wade63
guitarman
PostMon Jun 05, 2023 1:13 pm 
This will be my fourth trip and usually go solo but why be so selfish smile.gif first lake is Delta, Otter, Asurite, Angeline, maybe a few others and end up coming down to Big Heart and out. Bushwacking and pack raft skill required. This is a fishing campaign for me so I'll be floating around most of the time getting no fish. I enjoy company but also alone time. I have an extra raft. I'm a very experienced 60 YO backpacker but like to go at my own pace, somewhat slow. Hiked with several NWHers. If your're interested in joining me for all or part of my trip I'm heading out June 30 to July 8. Should be mostly melted out, maybe a little snow here and there, big deal. I portage into Big Heart south end to avoid the ridge from Angeline. Contact me for any additional info. This isn't a cake walk so skills and fitness are required.

pjhorst
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wade63
guitarman

wade63
guitarman
PostMon Jun 05, 2023 1:18 pm 
Also headed up to Lake Dorothy June 16-18 or 19th if anyone is interested. Biking those last four miles on miller river road.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jun 07, 2023 8:40 pm 
Ive done that route three times. Ive also dropped into Otter from the Neckless valley twice. Id love to go with you, but I cant drive anymore and couldnt meet you there. When do you plan on going? I also have three curtis rafts.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." Abraham Lincoln
DadFly

DadFly
PostMon Jun 12, 2023 9:16 pm 
"I also have three curtis rafts." Dang. I miss my Curtis raft! Now I have a 3lb raft. Still fun but doesn't get "thrown in on a whim". Wade63 we have similar descriptions. I have paddled most of the lakes up there but not Otter or Delta. I have heard there is a fishing trail up to Delta (off the first switchback?) but have not found it. Might be easier to find from Delta lake. My summer is pretty booked until August when it will likely be smokey. I am planning a paddle trip up the back door of the Ramparts, hike over to Park lakes then Glacier, Chikamin and out the pct. Hit Gravely maybe on the way out. I have paddled Alaska and Joe. I am also looking at dropping into Kendall pk lakes depending on time. That would be August so it will be hot, smokey and dry.

"May you live in interesting times"

zimmertr