Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > henry kissinger
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostThu Nov 30, 2023 4:25 pm 
kissinger died yesterday 100

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Nov 30, 2023 4:28 pm 
My grandmother told me to not speak ill of the dead. So I have nothing to say. And yes I have been to Cambodia.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn

Anne Elk, Ski
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
NightOwl

NightOwl
PostThu Nov 30, 2023 5:15 pm 
Good riddance to that war criminal scumbag.

Anne Elk, Ski
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostFri Dec 01, 2023 7:11 pm 
The good die young...

Ski  Anne Elk
contour5

contour5
PostFri Dec 01, 2023 10:15 pm 
Was he a hiker? Nah…

Ski, Josh Journey
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Dec 03, 2023 8:36 am 
Because of Henry and Dicky's "secret" bombing war in Cambodia, I have the unique distinction of having been rejected for the draft by the United States Army, notwithstanding my lottery number having been 36. I just recalled those magic words from Arlo's "Alices's Restaurant" and when I got to that little box on the other side, in the middle of the other side, and I gave them all the gory and salacious details right there in black and white and gave my form to the lady at the front desk who looked at it, then looked at my Chaiman Mao button on my lapel and said "Get out." "Don't I have to get a physical?" "Get out before I call security." Card received in the mail a few weeks later. REJECTED. "Subversive Character". Thanks, Henry! wink.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."

Malachai Constant, Waterman  Chief Joseph, Anne Elk
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Dec 03, 2023 11:37 am 
The doctors at the Seattle SS were all angry draftees they rejected nearly every one I had a knee injury from skiing 4-F with lottery number 7.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSun Dec 03, 2023 7:40 pm 
Did anyone else here participate in the Moratorium to End the Vietnam War on November 15, 1969? At that time it was the largest anti-war protest in the history of the United States. I rode a Greyhound bus from East Tennessee to Washington, D.C. with a bunch of other college students. There were big protests all over the country. ~z

flatsqwerl
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Dec 03, 2023 8:36 pm 
Yes I did, I was a student at the UW and part of the planning for the UW moratorium. We proposed and took over KUOW to make our case. people say students spit on returning vets, THAT is not True. Many returning vets participated in the planning as did South Vietnamese students. I had MOFA and walked as a volunteer First Aid person in the marches. I have many stories.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Dec 05, 2023 11:50 am 
zephyr wrote:
Did anyone else here participate in the Moratorium to End the Vietnam War on November 15, 1969?
yes. a group of us left school very early that day and managed to get ourselves transported out to University of Puget Sound, where the college kids were screaming at the crowd with battery-operated bullhorns. we were all scrambling to find anything black to wear for an armband. as I recall, that was the first protest march I was involved in. those that followed were not quite as low-key.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."

dave allyn
Snowshovel

Snowshovel
PostTue Dec 05, 2023 1:37 pm 
You guys are all really old

Pyrites  idoru, Schroder
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Dec 05, 2023 3:10 pm 
I can't imagine what it was like back then to be drafted to sacrifice your life for someone else's war.

Anne Elk
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostTue Dec 05, 2023 3:49 pm 
there are times I read posts like these damning the service men and women and I am ashamed that the men in my family fought in foreign wars so you can sit here all high and mighty. you have no idea what is really going on in the world

Anne Elk
Snowshovel

Snowshovel
PostTue Dec 05, 2023 4:08 pm 
You clearly are reading nonexistent things into posts to fit your worldview.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Dec 05, 2023 4:29 pm 
Not sure how it damns service men. Much respect for those that served. Not so much for those that decided it was a good war to get into. If anything a cautionary tale.

Anne Elk