Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Whyoming to sell state trust land next to Grand Teton NP for McMansions
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Schroder

Schroder
PostThu Dec 28, 2023 2:14 pm 
Stefan wrote:
I can't seem to find any....what were past predictions of the number of people and when the human population would top out at? I tried finding them. I tried even using ChatGPT. No answers to my question.
It doesn't answer your question on maximum population predictions but here's an interesting article from 1969 that I found Presidential Statement to Congress: Nixon Proposes Commission on Population Growth

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Stefan

Stefan
PostTue Jan 09, 2024 11:49 am 
Schroder wrote:
Stefan wrote:
I can't seem to find any....what were past predictions of the number of people and when the human population would top out at? I tried finding them. I tried even using ChatGPT. No answers to my question.
It doesn't answer your question on maximum population predictions but here's an interesting article from 1969 that I found Presidential Statement to Congress: Nixon Proposes Commission on Population Growth
thanks. it does "address" that there is a concern. And....nothing was done.

Art is an adventure.
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSun Jan 14, 2024 2:07 pm 
They all read Erlich’s book, but really, they weren’t going to have a one-child policy in the U.S. The rather shocking population drop in China throws all the predictions off. One of the professional blow hards is arguing India became the most populous nation fifteen years ago, and working age population of China peaked several years ago. All those never completed, never occupied, condo towers are never going to be more than pigeon roosts.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!