Forum Index > Gear Talk > WTB: Appalachian Trail Mate (AT Mate)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
JustArt
Arthur M. Yates

JustArt
Arthur M. Yates
PostFri Feb 23, 2024 3:49 pm 
Several years back I purchased a CD from the Ultimate Trail Store (ATC) entitled Appalachian Trail Mate (AT Mate). It was very useful for planning trips on the AT. Unfortunately, I sold that CD, then later purchased a digital download of the same software from barker-innovations.com. Recently my PC crashed, and I lost everything including my AT Mate. Now the website is no longer available for me to repurchase this program, so I'm turning to you. Does anyone have one of these CD's that you would sell, or loan me just long enough for me to install it on my PC? Please message me if you can help! PLEASE Thanks ...

Rev. Arthur M. yates General Evangelist https://ayatesministries.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Brucester

Brucester
PostMon Feb 26, 2024 9:45 am 
I hiked the AT before I had an email address or even a computer. lol.gif Would the Wingfoot book and notes suffice? I remember I bought the whole AT map set for the thruhike. It was a shock when I found out noone used them. I wanted to be cool so I sent them home. I discovered cool was comfortable, less weight anyway. I used the Wingfoot book, Data Book and notes if need be. I think I even sent the Data book home. Forgive me, I'm still stuck in the "good old days." Happy hiking! -Dewey GA2ME '98

JustArt
Arthur M. Yates

JustArt
Arthur M. Yates
PostMon Feb 26, 2024 10:00 am 
I agree Brucester, I have those items and use them but not on the Trail. The only reason I want, or need the AT Mate, is for planning purposes. It has all the way point, resupply points, shelter, etc. and makes it convenient to plan short or long hikes. Thanks for your response and Happy Hiking. Rowdy Yates

InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostMon Feb 26, 2024 11:35 am 
There is the Far Out App that allows you to download (at a cost) detailed trail data with all campsites, water source, etc. They have a huge number of trails. National Geographic also has paper map sets for the PCT, CDT, and Appalachian Trails ( and obviously other)

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately... ― Henry David Thoreau
loghomedreamer

loghomedreamer
PostThu Mar 07, 2024 10:50 pm 
Please email me at mathew.mark.jones@gmail.com

JustArt
Arthur M. Yates

JustArt
Arthur M. Yates
PostFri Mar 08, 2024 5:47 am 
InFlight, My previous post answers your post. Thanks! I have those items and use them, but not on the Trail. The only reason I want, or need the AT Mate, is for planning purposes. It has all the way point, resupply points, shelter, etc. and makes it convenient to plan short or long hikes. Thanks for your response and Happy Hiking. Rowdy Yates