Forum Index > Trip Reports > Jordan Lakes via Illabut creek road
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Aug 25, 2002 10:00 am 
Hiked into Jordan lakes yesterday. For your alls info, just past the Slide lake parking lot (yes there were 10 cars there) there is a very large fallen OLD growth tree over the roadway. This tree lays at an angle over the roadway. My cherokee (6" lift) barely made it under this monolith! DO NOT TAKE A TALL vehicle and expect to make the end of the raod! TB P.S., The lakes were gorgeous. LOTS of skeeters and nats! READ THAT AS BEING LOTS!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostMon Aug 26, 2002 9:09 am 
The Jordan Lakes as well as Falls Lakes are really nice, spent 5 days up there in Aug. 1969, followed by a 14 day stint in 1970 camped along the upper portion of Jordan Creek near the falls. Back then, the route was up an old logging spur (4x4 only) that went up the creek a few miles from the Cascade River. When our ride didn't show up afte 14 days, we hiked clear into the town of Marblemount to the Inn...a long ass day indeed!

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Aug 26, 2002 12:40 pm 
McP. How many miles would you say THAT path to Jordans was? My dad also did in in the middle 60's. I was just curious how long he hiked? TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostTue Aug 27, 2002 5:30 pm 
Joe, As I remember, in 1970, we drove a road near the Cascade River next to a farm, then up it along Jodan Creek as far as we could and hike from there. It took two separate trips with all our gear for 14 days. Our ride (friend Bruce) then left to be back at a scheuled day. Never showed up. We then hiked all the way out to Marblemount maybe 6-7 miles. In 1969, the hike to Jordan Lakes was maybe 4- 5 miles from where one parked, not any great distance but certainly an elevation gain for sure. There was no trail into Falls but it did become a fishermen's path as I recollect from above the falls on Jordan Creek. http://www.alpinequest.com/cliffhanger.htm

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Aug 28, 2002 9:31 am 
Thanks McP. I just wanted to know what my father went thru getting there. He passed away last November. Kind of sentimentalizing! TB