Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > For Miss. Allison the communist! And all other gun haters!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 10:25 am 
Read this and give me your, "The police will protect me" crap! http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=28819 Hey, for once I get to lash out! I like it! TB biggrin.gif huh.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 10:39 am 
Moving this to the bar & grill. lol.gif

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 10:52 am 
To be fair, BPJ, you're the one that always brings up the gun rhetoric. Quite often, I might add.

Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 11:06 am 
History has again shown us that given enough time, it will repeat itself. O.K....Lounge chair, popcorn, sunglasses........Here comes that flash in the sky. eek.gif BW cool.gif

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
-lol-

-lol-
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 11:17 am 

PostWed Sep 04, 2002 11:18 am 
But it isn't like he called her names or addressed her inappropriately. rolleyes.gif

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 11:36 am 
http://nuketesting.enviroweb.org/hew/Usa/Tests/Fizeau1024c25.jpg admin edit: changed to link (please do NOT use the IMG tag for photos greater than 800 pixels wide)

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Sarah Brady

Sarah Brady
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 11:46 am 
Please give
Nij Erck

Nij Erck
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 11:52 am 
Hey Backpacker Joe, the article totally convinced me to switch sides. Thanks! Can't wait to waste some friggin' Al Kada terrier wrists. Of course, will do in a responcible way.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 12:00 pm 
Ms brady favors feeding each and every one of us to those who prey on us, she cedes the moral right to exist and defend ourselves to someone else, who is then expected to risk their lives for us when Ms brady will not. The plain fact is police do not stop crimes. They clean up afterwards. The factual data is police stop a single digit percentage of crimes. Saying the police will protect us is an out and out lie, because they cannot. Ms Brady would sentence each and every person in this nation to the whims of those who prey on us because of her high minded refusal to view reality as it is. There are bad people out there. They hurt people and harm people at will, which the police simply, provably, cannot stop from happening. I fully accept the responsibility of owning a firearm, and accept that given it's use, my situation will be judged, as it well should be. If I shoot someone without just cause, put me in jail following due process. DO *NOT* preconvict me based on what some *other* individual has chosen to do, how some *other* person has chose to abuse their rights and harm another. They are not me, abusing my rights because of the actions of another I had nothing to do with, do not agree with, and had no control over, is not supportable IMO. There is nothing moral whatsoever about denying anybody the right to an effective means to protect themselves from bodily harm IMO. I am not obligated to play "fair" with someone me threatening with serious harm, wether it's a knife, a brick, or fists. It is not right to expect a 100 pound woman to give up and be raped, or spend a lifetime learning a martial art and *still* be forced into risk and close contact with someone intending to harm her. Keeping with the rape example, the single most effective defense against rape is not aquiesence, is not fighting back physically, it is resistance with a firearm. She and the rest of us own the right to live our lives with the ability to present an effective, simple, reliable defense upon demand. We do not owe it to attackers to be harmless, nor do we owe it to people who wish to risk their lives by depending on someone *else* to get there on time, and risk *their* life, to be forced to risk ours with that standard.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Karl

Karl
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 12:12 pm 
Join now
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 12:26 pm 
That's hilarious! great link, lots of good reading, thanks!

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
salish

salish
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 12:34 pm 
Allison a Commie?
I love it! Go get'em, Joe, and get ready for the feeding frenzy!

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 12:38 pm 
Seriously though, how is owning a gun going to protect you from terrorists?

catwoman

catwoman
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 12:43 pm 
Hmmmm. BPJ, am I supposed to LIKE guns now?