Forum Index > Gear Talk > Free stoves for the masses!!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Apr 22, 2002 4:50 pm 
Opening up the mailbox on Friday I wondered who might have sent me this small cardboard package. My birthday had long passed and I didn't recall buying anything on the web recently. No name on the package, just a return address. Hmm... It couldn't be from Tin Can Stove Man could it? My free stove wasn't scheduled to arrive for another month or so. But sure enough, Tin Can Stove Man had come thru - with a rare mountain dew version to boot. It not exactly tin (it's aluminum to be precise) but who's compaining, it's free. I haven't weighed it on the digital scale yet but no doubt it will be lighter than anything Backpacker Joe has in his ti arsenal at the present time wink.gif. From the backpacking.net forums:
Quote:
Greetings Masses!! It is I, Tin Can Stove Man, the most overworked superhero ever to pass through the dustbin of history!!! Recently, I have received a veritable flood of stove requests, and my spies throughout the electronic universe inform me that many of them come from this very list. For those who have sent in requests recently, I say "Fear not, for all those who desire stoves shall receive stoves, in due time!!!! Your sufferings will soon be at an end, yet the days of waiting may be many. Have strength through these weeks of darkness and stovelessness!!" Seriously, folks, I'm gettin' the stoves out as fast as I can, but for those who have written recently, it may be a month or two before I can work my way down the list to you. Don't worry, you will get yer stoves, and hopefully have plenty of time to use them for your upcoming hikes this summer. And if you don't mind waiting a while for your very own Amazing Tin Can Stove, by all means send me you snail mail address (tincanstoveman@hotmail.com), and you will get your stove ...uh ... sometime. And finally, big thanx to that anonymous fellow who posted their "Ode to Tin Can Stove Man!" Made my day (tee hee)! Happy Trails, all Tin Can Stove Man

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message