Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > CASE DISMISSED!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dslayer

Dslayer
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 10:50 am 
Implementing my strategy vs. the United States today I called the Petty Offense Prosecutor in Spokane and was going to get a continuation, ideally into oblivion. From my conversation with Andy, now my new best friend, I quickly discerned that in at least in his case, they are not eager to come to Yakima to try parking ticket violations. He wanted to know if I had a NWFP and at that point I told him I didn't want to tell him my story but that he would get to hear it when he came to Yakima...by now he's practically begging me to tell him something other than, "I protest the stupid NWFP and will never pay the ........thing," so I told him my story....which in itself was true. Of course, I did drive to another TH after completing 'The Job, ' and went hiking/camping/fishing-I can't exactly recall which trip is was. So.....at least in E. WA. Come up with a story---from what he intimated to me a lot of people call and they literally dismiss over the phone.

"The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights is my concealed weapon permit."-Ted Nugent
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 10:55 am 
Sweet! Congratz!

Dslayer

Dslayer
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 11:04 am 
Thanks. What's sweet is all the advice and links I got, particularly from Dante-I expect his bill's in the mail. The whole deal with the pass is as stupid as it is evil-it costs way more to enforce the damn thing than to pay a couple of more people to maintain trails or to hire a guy who would coordinate volunteers to get trail maintenance done.

"The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights is my concealed weapon permit."-Ted Nugent
Dante

Dante
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 11:43 am 
Congratulations! Learning about the pass system was all the compensation I need. I just love research. Hopefully the info I found will come in handy for someone else in the future smile.gif

Dslayer

Dslayer
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 11:52 am 
I enjoyed reading the fruits of your research--almost as much as I enjoyed getting the case dismissed. Thanks again.

catwoman

catwoman
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 12:06 pm 
That's great! But I have no clue as to what you said you did. He WANTED you to say you protest the NWFP thing? Or he DIDN'T want you to say you protest the NWFP thing? And in either case, why? And I don't understand your story saying you did drive to another TH to finish "the job"? What does another TH have to do with anything and what job?

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 12:52 pm 
Catwoman, click here if it's still not clear. lol.gif

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 1:34 pm 
Way to go. Sometimes it pays to do a little fighting back. Unless you're up against BPJ then it be best if you know when to back off. (hehe) I was in the Woolley FS office today snoopin and gathering some info. The officer lady behind the counter made the comment that I needed a parking pass. I asked what that was and she explained that it was so I could hike. I asked if I needed a hiking pass or permit or anything like that and was told no. It's a parking pass folks. Just don't park around trail heads and for sure they will have one tough time proving anything. We all carry cameras, so if you get a ticket, take some photos just in case. Happy parkin' NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 1:44 pm 
rolleyes.gif I do not want to sound paranoid but, in the words of Ronald Reagan "Trust but verify" sleazy prosecuters have been know to say things like "we will dismiss" on the phone but go on to take a default when you do not show up, usually with another prosecutor who does not know anything about the phone call.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
catwoman

catwoman
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 4:11 pm 
Thanks, Tom. That answers the question about the job and the other TH, I guess. Does that mean he got TWO tickets? Anyway, what about the other questions about what he thought the guy on the phone wanted him to say and why.

Dslayer

Dslayer
PostMon Sep 09, 2002 8:24 am 
One ticket-what I didn't want to say was that I am sort of 'protester' who refuses to buy the NWFP Pass.

catwoman

catwoman
PostMon Sep 09, 2002 8:28 am 
Dslayer, you're still leaving some things out. Did he WANT you to say that? And if so, then why did he want you to say that? Are you assuming he WANTED you to be paying the fine? Or that he wanted to get you off? Would saying that have gotten you off? Or kept you owing? I just don't know what you're assuming.

Dante

Dante
PostMon Sep 09, 2002 8:45 am 
If you read the regulation Dslayer's ticket said he violated (36 CFR 265.15, if I recall correctly), it says the violation is failure to pay a fee. If you say you did not pay the fee (for whatever reason) you are essentially confessing to the violation. P.S. I included a link to the regulation in one of my posts in the other thread. P.P.S. Dslayer--were you the one who posted a scan of the ticket citing the reg? Or was it someone else? I can't find it now. If I recall correctly, the CFR citation for the regulation was scrawled in the box marked "Violation."

Dslayer

Dslayer
PostMon Sep 09, 2002 11:13 am 
Dante-I can't scan anything-too damn dumb-but I remember seeing what you're talking about. Catwoman-I'm assuming some things about my conversation with Andy certainly, but I also have some experience with attorneys from my days as a local Union goon, i.e., and one of my experiences is that they'll settle anything they can--particularly if the outcome is in doubt--If you confess to the court or your adversary, you lose, so I was trying to avoid doing that. After I refused to tell him my 'story,' he told me he was dismissing cases of people who might have forgotten or their passes or might have been at the TH for reasons other than recreating--at that point, I decided to go for it with my 'story'. It seemed, my assumption here, that he was looking for a way not to come to Yakima to try another one of these. We never got to talking about whether I had a pass or not and I didn't bring it up. He did mention that my citation had not come across his desk yet, I gave him the citation # and he said I would get notice in the mail that the case had been dismissed.