Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > With multi-page threads in search results... any way to find out which page your search term is on?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Double_E

Double_E
PostWed Nov 08, 2017 12:29 am 
When you search this or other similar forum sites, quite often, some of the search results will of course be a multi-page thread.... And as far as I can tell, there’s no way of knowing which of the pages of the thread your search term is on. (?) And so you gotta just go do Ctrl-F on each page of that thread if you *really* want to find where the term was. Anyone know of a quicker way? Some kind of hack that will avoid checking each page of the thread? Part of the reason I’m wondering… I'm currently in the process of learning Python, and so am looking for neat and hopefully useful projects to work on. And I'm pretty sure this type of thing could be done in Python... but, if there’s a simpler way I don’t want to reinvent or complicate the wheel so to speak.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Nov 08, 2017 12:47 am 
1) from the search screen select the radio button to "Display results as: Posts" or 2) click on the topic and at the bottom "Search this topic" for the desired result

Double_E

Double_E
PostWed Nov 08, 2017 1:34 am 
Thanks, Tom! Both of those helped, especially the latter. I guess I hadn't spent enough time exploring the search page and other aspects of this site. biggrin.gif