Forum Index > Trail Talk > Johnson Peak / Peak 5868?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
steelhead

steelhead
PostSun May 27, 2018 7:08 pm 
My first post. So I'm looking for information on a peak in the Tatoosh range. Its on the south side just out of the MRNP boundary. 30 years ago me and a few climbers went up this in the winter. We accessed it by way of NF road 5260 off Skate creek rd. just out of Packwood, but It appears our access point has changed from over grown/closed roads. I'm having a hard time finding much info on this peak. Did a bunch of climbing back then. I must say this was a prime peak as far as 360 views go. Best view ever of the Tatoosh range looking north. Any help would be great.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Stefan

Stefan
PostTue May 29, 2018 10:57 am 
This report has access via the west side is okay. I am not sure on Forest Service roads: https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8021990&highlight=johnson

Art is an adventure.
steelhead

steelhead
PostTue May 29, 2018 5:10 pm 
Thank you for the response. I did see this the night I posted this. Its the wrong Johnson peak. This one is in the "Goat rocks". Someone had termed this peak Johnson peak (in the Totoosh) because Johnson creek runs off it, but for the most part its unnamed. Its refereed to as "Peak 5868" from the height.