Forum Index > Gear Talk > New Products Patagonia and Wild Things Gear
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
fullofadventure

fullofadventure
PostSat Jan 29, 2005 5:50 pm 
New from Patagonia. 6.5 oz rain jacket and 6oz rain pant for $$$$$ Pullover If ya need vents Pants Product and site update from Wild Things Gear. Wild Things Gear updated their site and have a new eVENT jacket, bib, and bivy. The also have changes some of their insulation pieces and have some powershield softshell products now too. New lightweight windshells and other stuff too. Check them out. http://www.wildthingsgear.com/index.html

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
fullofadventure

fullofadventure
PostWed Feb 02, 2005 11:21 am 
I just got an e-mail back from Patagonia about their H2No wp/b barrier. A lot of people have been saying lately that the H2No is actually Entrant so I asked them and they told me it is not. It is their own proprietary tech. Here is what they said. H2No is not Entrant or any other "off the shelf" technology that Patagonia buys and then renames. If we were buying it off the shelf, Gore, Entrant, eVent, etc. we would use our vendors commercial names, there is simply more equity in Gore than H2No. So, H2No is our own proprietary technology. I hope this helps fix the confusion around the H2No barrier Patagonia uses.

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed Feb 02, 2005 2:42 pm 
Thanks for the information...I've always wondered about Patagonia products -- looks like they make some great equipment, just hard to bite the bullet and spend the bucks. wink.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short