Forum Index > The Trading Post > Free GSI Haullite 1.8L Boiling Pot
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostThu Aug 31, 2023 7:11 pm 
EDIT: Claimed It's brand new but larger than I anticipated and came in the mail slightly bent. I held on to it with intentions of returning it but missed my window. The lid still sits on it fine and the bend won't really effect it's performance. You probably could even reshape it with some finesse. These GSI pots are way better than the ones sold at REI in my opinion because the rubber handle doesn't get hot and it flips up to keep the lid on. A fuel cannister, stove, and lighter will fit perfectly inside. You would be able to boil water for multiple people easily. https://www.amazon.com/GSI-Outdoors-Halulite-Packable-Backcountry/dp/B00GP1GSAO/
Pickup in Issaquah. PM for details.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Aug 31, 2023 8:14 pm 
I would still order a new one and return the bent one under the new return window. I mean it's technically return abuse but would say it falls under the category of no harm no foul if you just missed your return window.

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostThu Aug 31, 2023 8:34 pm 
I appreciate the idea but I would return this regardless of the bend as I prefer the 1.1L size I'm replacing. I'd probably just keep it if it were slightly bent but the proper size. My old one got a rust ring in the bottom from storing a fuel can within while wet.