Forum Index > Trip Reports > Wallace falls again... my start of the season hike
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl

LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl
PostSat May 07, 2005 9:20 pm 
Wallace falls is the same as always. The trail hasn't changed a bit from what I saw. Anyway, started this hike around 12:30pm after asking everyone in the parking lot for change for a $10. (Parking is $5 by the way. Unless you're smart and brought your pass.) Took much longer than last time. Last time I think I was up and back in 2 hours or less... course that was alone, and at the end of the hiking season when I was all buff from hiking all summer. It took us 4 and a half hours. Both me and my boyfriend are out of shape. So we had to take frequent breathers. And of course there was the occasional photo opportunity. Still don't have a camera to replace the one I lost on Mount Stone in the Olympics. So this one was a disposable one. But hey, you still get alright pictures with disposable cameras right? We had a lot of fun hiking, despite that we'd both been on this hike several times. We saw a bunch of dogs... one (a yellow lab puppy) which made my boyfriend exclaim "that's the dog we're getting!" We also saw a large number of families. Figures, it's a weekend. hehe. I also saw a smoker smoking a cigar. I was very pissed off at him. I was just about ready to knock it out of his hand and stamp it out. I go hiking to experience fresh air... not smoke filled air! Stupid kids. He looked about 16. Figures. Anyway, had a good time out in the woods... out on a trail again. I was happy about that. I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I reach my destination at the end of a trail. Well, not much to say about this hike or advice per say. Cept that you should bring $5 for parking. hehe. It is a good starter hike tho.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostSun May 08, 2005 6:38 am 
godlygirl wrote:
I also saw a smoker smoking a cigar. I was very pissed off at him. I was just about ready to knock it out of his hand and stamp it out. I go hiking to experience fresh air... not smoke filled air! Stupid kids. He looked about 16. Figures.
Kids that age prefer to call them "blunts" and they usually arent filled with cigar tobacco eek.gif

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message