Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > thoughts on making the world more sane
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostWed Nov 29, 2023 9:25 am 
sarbar wrote:
Growing food isn't hard, but it is hard work. And hard work is something many are allergic to.
I agree! Except....growing beets. Those suckers are easy to grow. Easy work to do too! Of all the root vegetables....these are definitely the easiest!!!

Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostWed Nov 29, 2023 9:29 am 
treeswarper wrote:
I see them putting out pleas on local facebook pages looking for free clothes, money for rent, etc. That always worries me. How are their kids going to turn out?
Maybe they will turn out like Dolly Parton.

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Nov 29, 2023 12:19 pm 
Growing you own food is impossible for most folks around here. New developments are mostly townhouses with postage stamp yards and HOA’s that prohibit it. We are unusual in having an acre of land in Issaquah our neighbor has 3. We all tried but native animals make it near impossible. Neighbor put in fruit trees and when they started bearing fruit deer ate every thing within reach and bears broke the limbs. The rabbits eat anything on the ground not to mention birds and insects. I have frown tomatoes in pots on the deck but by the time they are ripe the wind knocks them over. Our yard is mostly all native plants and things deer don’t touch like Rhodies and Hellebore. Pea Patches have long wait lists and foragers. I do have my private trail with lookout benches with Mountain Views. Neighbor raises chickens but coyotes and bobcats take one occasionly.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn