Forum Index > Trail Talk > Boogie Boarding rivers or lakes?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Brucester

Brucester
PostFri Mar 01, 2024 10:14 am 
I know this great idea has come up on here, not sure where that went.... hmmm.gif So you want a new thrilling new hobby that gives you good cardio and gets you back to nature? Just an idea.... Could be a blast.... Wanna join? PM me. If not pick up litter and see some wildlife! Gotta Boogie Board? WTB! Second Bounce still open?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSun Mar 03, 2024 8:40 am 
River boarding the skykomish..u tube. red helmets or vests Years ago took a first timer, he did great..stupid fun.. I've had 4 or 5 newbies do great... Your basically rescuing yourself about every 45 seconds..stupid fun..we drop in below the hard stuff.. If anybody interested I would luv to guide you! Buy me a burger on the way home! I have some dry suits but not the large sizes...

Brucester

Brucester
PostSun Mar 03, 2024 9:29 am 
Red helmets as in an organized thing? Or safety as in location and rescue? Or being seen by kayakers? All the above? I was by the Skykomish watching river otters at a park when this idea came back to me. Otters, damn influencers.... So fun to watch, though. It's "river boarding?" I didn't think it was a "thing." Like the yellow board with a rope, the "Snurfer?" Careful, look how that turned out. Not sure about whitewater beyond class 1, as it's such a contrast, for a former whitewater canoeist. It's all too real when you're eye level with boulders, like swimming with a swamped canoe..... Once wetsuit weather rolls around....

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Mar 03, 2024 9:41 am 
River surfing was quite common in Ontario when I was there. Obstructions islands, rocks, and bridges in rivers form large standing waves. These waves are can be surfed and persist for long periods of time. This only works in laminar flow in turbulent flow the waves disappear and classical white water predominates. The transition between laminar and turbulent flow is determined by velocity and surface textures.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSun Mar 03, 2024 3:15 pm 
Same gear the rescue teams use. Yes it's river boarding the skykomish river . We had red helmets in the video, plunging into the waves is as good as a face shot of pow pow! We have a wrist leash, flippers and the boards are almost 4ft.long and thick... Mostly class 3..but we have swam boulder drop 4x..that gets a bit spicy 🔥🔥 Soo much fun...MY favorite saying was "your already swimming, there not much else that can go wrong"