Forum Index > Trail Talk > Foothills between Duvall, Monroe, and Sultan
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostTue Feb 21, 2012 12:56 pm 
I know that recently since they started charging for walkins too they posted the heck out of their property. Here is kind of a vicinity map, they do give a more detailed map if or when you purchase a permit. https://hancockrecreationnw.com/sites/default/files/SQ%20sm%20vicinity%20map%20for%20brochure.jpg

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
pikaperch

pikaperch
PostSat Mar 09, 2024 4:51 pm 
Sundance Kid wrote:
Scrooge wrote:
You're right. Your "haystack" is your own invention. The official Haystack Mountain is the little bump on the north end of the ridge overlooking Sultan and Gold Bar. Haystack Ridge is the much larger mass to which HM is attached. The name is unofficial but pretty generally recognized and accepted. Your haystack is evidently one of the many peculiar bumps that characterize the Tomtits. I'll need to see your picture before I can guess which one.
Finally tracked this down. Any ideas or stories? This is visible from the intersection of Marckworth Freeway/Stossel Creek and the road running out to Cedar Ponds, Dagger, and Tomtit Lakes. There's a bridge right there crossing the creek. You can also see it south on Stossel Creek Road a ways through any windows in the trees. Lat/Lon 47.796876, -121.812823. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated!
Reviving this thread after 12 years - 22 since inception, gotta love forums - to say that I grew up in this neck of the woods and whatever its surveying name or lack thereof, locals know this particular little bump as The Beehive. smile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message