Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Cranky wireless mouse
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Justan

Justan
PostSat Jun 11, 2005 10:16 am 
Probably was a combination of elements. I call that kind of solution a “looh” (laying on of hands) fix

-Justan Elk
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSat Jun 11, 2005 12:56 pm 
Justan wrote:
SF -- FWIW I've used almost every pointing device that’s been made. That’s one of the “perks” of taking care of computers for a living. My fav is the MS trackball optical. 4 programmable buttons and a wheel that offer absolutely 0 hand strain because yer thumb or forefinger is the only thing that moves and it doesn’t have to move much. Many folks that work with a traditional mouse use their wrist as a leverage point. Over the course of a day, the wrist, shoulder and neck typically become strained, along with one's cheery outlook. When you don’t need to move the mouse, you naturally relax your arm and reduce a lot of stress.
I can't stand trackballs. Can't use them. My arm is always stationary anyway, I just move at the wrist. Probably not helping out my carpals by doing this, but I figure I'm gonna need surgery before I'm 35 anyway.

Justan

Justan
PostSun Jun 12, 2005 10:00 am 
Took me a while before I liked using a track ball. The precision of the device took some getting used to. In fact I changed after several visits to a hand surgeon, for a series of torture experiments called “tests” which, in turn lead to several items of posture correction, and which in turn lead to identifying one of the sources of stresses due to............................using a mouse.

-Justan Elk