Forum Index > Trip Reports > Lost Lake via Greenwater
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Criminal

Criminal
PostWed Jul 20, 2005 1:58 pm 
Took the 14 yo out for a bit of tenting today. We got to the trailhead at 4:30 pm, yes, that’s right, a half hour before 5 pm. That kid slept until noon, and really only got up because I made him. I utilized the morning to load up our packs and check the oil in the truck, tire pressure, etc. Made it through Enumclaw without any bestiality incidents and found the parking area almost empty. There was a little mud here and there, lots of horse sh##, and two minor blow-downs. The blow-downs are together just past the creek crossing south of the southernmost Greenwater Lake. We got to Lost Lake around 7ish and set up the tent. While I was un-dehydrating some dinner (Jetboil!) an attractive woman came to out campsite to warn us she was shooting nudes down the lake a bit. I figured I better leave my binoculars and camera where they were and set a good example for the kid. He can learn leering almost anywhere, prolly better not from dad. After they left we explored around a bit in the fading light, then back to the tent and read ourselves to sleep. In the morning we pulled our sleeping pads down on the grass at the lake side and read some more before heading out. Great way to spend a weekday.
Looking for wildlife, seeing squat.
Looking for wildlife, seeing squat.
A logjam in Greenwater Lake South, full of blooming flowers.
A logjam in Greenwater Lake South, full of blooming flowers.
Lost Lake
Lost Lake

Because I am mad about women, I am mad about the hills Said that wild old wicked man, who travels where God wills. - Yeats topohiker.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Trevor

Trevor
PostWed Jul 20, 2005 2:29 pm 
Quote:
an attractive woman came to out campsite to warn us she was shooting nudes down the lake a bit.
Interesting event, I question whether deet is safe to use around the crotch.

phillyjon

phillyjon
PostThu Jul 21, 2005 7:32 am 
C'mon, man, that can't be for real! breakdance.gif

"No matter how high one sits upon a pedestal, one still sits upon his arse." Ben Franklin