Forum Index > Trip Reports > Tipsoo Lake / Meadow, MRNP
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostThu Jul 21, 2005 9:21 am 
Location :Hwy 410 near Chinook Pass Guidebook : best easy dayhikes Mount Rainier We were on a return route from dropping someone off at Seatac and SLOWLY made our way to Mt. Rainier National Park, the skies were predominantly clear and blue with lots of sunshine. First stop was at The Copper Creek Inn and Restraurant where we had stopped somewhere around 5 years ago when we were out here. Chowder and blueberry pie up.gif . We meandered East stopping at several close viewpoints, Paradise, then on ward to Tipsoo Lake where we had been before, but wanted to take in some wildflower displays. It would also have been nice as a family hike on the fly to have done Naches Peak / Dewey Lakes again, but we had a long trip back to Wenatchee and more visitors coming this week from back East and hope to get back here and do this area with them. The wildflower display was magnificent and turning westward Mt. Rainier was awesome as a prop. My wife loves wildflowers and especially Indian Paintbrush. The trail around the lake / meadows is casual, .5 miles at most, level, maintained, but a real delight. The drive down from Chinook Pass to Naches was an interesting transition and I think I coasted most of the way except for a stop to wade in The American River. hockeygrin.gif http://community.webshots.com/album/400770999taJKBV

Living in the Anthropocene
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostThu Jul 21, 2005 11:53 am 
I was on that road Friday and Sunday... 410 just blows me away from naches to the chinook pass area. The naches peak loop looked incredible just driving by..the wildflowers are crazy in the meadows right now. I did stop and check out some black tail dear that were meandering around the chinook pass and the PCT trail... What a great out of the way road to take up.gif

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostThu Jul 21, 2005 2:45 pm 
Naches Peak Loop was the first dayhike we did in MRNP, with as many wildflowers exploding around Tipsoo Lake, Naches has to be stunning, especially if there are any small tarns left. Spray Park - Seattle Park should have been awesome on your trip last week.

Living in the Anthropocene
ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostThu Jul 21, 2005 3:19 pm 
the flowers were unbelievable in the meadows. But along with flowers came alot of bees. I swear I sat in the mesh part of my bivy for hours listening to them try to kill me...

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley