Forum Index > Trail Talk > Looking for an easy 3-4 day hike with dog
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jake490

Jake490
PostMon Aug 01, 2005 11:46 pm 
I’m looking for an easy to moderate 3-4 day hike that I can take a dog along with any recommendations? confused.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Aug 01, 2005 11:52 pm 
Jake, let me first off welcome you to the site. I'm not a dog owner, but I hope that doesnt prevent me from saying welcome aboard. I'm sure you find some recommendations for your question. Happy hiking.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostTue Aug 02, 2005 7:36 am 
Jake....you might consider a hike north from Harts Pass in the Pasayten wilderness.....start at Slate Peak and go north on the crest trail to Woody Pass and then return via the Pasayten river trail. It would be helpful to know what area you'd like to hike in...

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
Jake490

Jake490
PostTue Aug 02, 2005 9:28 pm 
Easy Hike
Thanks for the input. You know I really don’t have a favorite place to hike my only requirement is that I be able to take my dog so that leave the National Parks out….I have a few days off in September and I was kinda thinking of doing the East Bank trail on Ross Lake or something of that nature… I’m not really looking at clicking a bunch of miles I would just like to spend a few days in the outdoors hiking and camping with my buddy….

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Aug 02, 2005 11:00 pm 
Here's a great area: Blankenship lakes/meadow, Twin Sisters lakes, Tumac mtn, many other nearby lakes. Go over Chinook pass east of Rainier, down the American river on hiway 410, up the Bumping lake rd to Deep creek road to the trailhead for Twin Sisters lakes. It's not as long a drive as it sounds. This area would be perfect for you. A short hike up to the first Twin Sister, plenty of great campsites at both lakes, a short hike over to Blankenship meadow, a huge meadow, maybe one the biggest around, plus a whole bunch of lakes in the Blankenship group, as well as many other lakes, Pear, Apple, Dumbbell, Fryingpan. Lots of off-trail exploring to a miriad of tiny lakelets and pocket meadows south of the twin sisters. The whole area's a giant plateau at one mile high, very little up and down when exploring, and the trailhead's at 4,300, so no big effort to get up there. But one day if you feel like going up a bit more, the cinder cone of Tumac mtn sits right in the middle of the plateau. It has great views of the whole area, which is an aid to exploring, and tops out at 6,300 ft, just 1,000 above the general level of the plateau. Read this, look at the pics, and tell me this place ain't heaven for dogs!