Forum Index > Trail Talk > Dayhikes around Ocean Shores?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
CT

CT
PostMon Aug 15, 2005 11:15 pm 
Heading to Ocean Shores to stay in a posh beach house for Labor Day Weekend/My First Paid Vacation EVER. Besides the obvious beach hiking, are there any trails not to be missed in that area? I started googling and found a Damon Point Park or something to that effect, but figured I'd get better answers here. I've never been to that area, so I'm going in blind. So yeah... No substantial elevation gains necessary, as I still hope to remain with my girlfriend after this trip smile.gif Thanks all...

-- CT
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
greg

greg
PostTue Aug 16, 2005 6:46 am 
You'll need to head up to Lake Quinault for anything good in that area. There are several nice dayhikes along South Shore Road with very big trees and not lots of elevation. That's about an hour away from Open Sores, I mean Ocean Shores.

-lol-

-lol-
PostTue Aug 16, 2005 7:04 am 

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostTue Aug 16, 2005 9:18 am 
I must formally second Damon Point....terrific place....you can avoid the $5 parking fee if you park on the road 1/4 miles south of the point.....the hike is a very powerful experience in stormy weather.....have fun

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
greg

greg
PostTue Aug 16, 2005 9:49 am 
I found Damon Point boring, but it was a long time ago maybe it was the gray, overcast day. Since then I've gotten into birding and that is known as an excellent spot with a variety of species.

Timber Cruiser

Timber Cruiser
PostFri Aug 19, 2005 10:40 am 
greg wrote:
You'll need to head up to Lake Quinault for anything good in that area. There are several nice dayhikes along South Shore Road with very big trees and not lots of elevation. That's about an hour away from Open Sores, I mean Ocean Shores.
I was up there yesterday. There are a number of loop trails you can do. Besides huge trees, there are a number of falls to check out, but they are somewhat diminished now. The old lodge is within walking distance of most of the trailheads and is a great place to have a post hike beverage to either cool off or warm up depending on the weather.

"Logging encourages the maintenance of foilage by providing economic alternatives to development."