Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seattle's Granite Curling Club, open house today
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
polarbear

polarbear
PostSat Feb 18, 2006 11:24 am 
"...the only designated curling ice west of North Dakota..."
Quote:
TRY CURLING The Granite Curling Club is holding an open house today, from 10 a.m. to noon and 6-10 p.m. Another open house will be held Feb. 25 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 6-10 p.m. The club is on 1440 N. 128th St., Seattle. For more information, call 206-326.2446, or visit www.curlingseattle.org.
Seattle PI article

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gil

Gil
PostSat Feb 18, 2006 4:11 pm 
Actually, the Fairbanks Curling Club is farther west.

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
touron

touron
PostFri Feb 24, 2006 9:20 pm 
Looks like the U.S. curling drought is over...
Quote:
"Our job's done here," he said Friday after winning 8-6 for the first American curling medal in a major men's competition since 1978.
Seattle PI article

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Feb 25, 2006 9:40 am 
The pastor of my church back in my high school days was Canadian and took the youth group curling somewhere in the greater Seattle area. It was a gas slippin an slidin and broomin. I've tried to watch the events on the tube ever since. When at the 2002 Olympics we had tickets for some of the events. Awesome watching 4-6 games at a time. I saw on the tube before these games that the hottest selling tickets were for curling. Kinda hard to believe tho.

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostSat Feb 25, 2006 3:08 pm 
Curling is a cultural sport for me. Almost every small town in Canada has a curling rink and a hockey rink. Most social activities revolve around them and almost everyone in town participates. As you move into larger Canadian communities, curling get's to be elitist with only the rich being able to afford private curling club memberships.

Honey Badger Don't Care!