Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mount Bigelow: 5/28/06
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
summitseeker

summitseeker
PostMon May 29, 2006 3:24 pm 
Given the not so great weather forecast, Jane and I decided to head east and scramble up Mount Bigelow in the Sawtooth Range east of Lake Chelan. Trip report is here. Thought I'd post it so folks can get an idea just how much snow there still is up high on the east side. --Scott

"Find out who you are and then do it on purpose." www.summitroutes.com : Guidebook to the 100 highest peaks in Washington
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostMon May 29, 2006 4:07 pm 
Nice, looks like work, a couple of us planned to do a loop last year which included Martin, Bigelow, and another 8k with Eagle, Martin, and Cooney Lakes, we did an alternative due to weather. I think were going to get at it this year. Thanks for the TR ! up.gif up.gif

Living in the Anthropocene
summitseeker

summitseeker
PostMon May 29, 2006 6:19 pm 
Yes, I've done that loop that includes Bigelow, Martin, Switchback (a.k.a Cooney). 3 of the 100 highest peaks in the state all lined up make for a great outing. Lots of motorcycles on the Eagle Lakes Trail once the snow has melted though, so pack you patience. smile.gif Or, wait until late September/early October, when the larches are golden and the motorcyles have gone home. Just an FYI.

"Find out who you are and then do it on purpose." www.summitroutes.com : Guidebook to the 100 highest peaks in Washington