Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Most annoying songs of all time
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
l

l
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 2:44 pm 
We've covered the good stuff many times. Don't think we've done the other side. So Not Over In case you don't know this one, the phrase, "Don't say it's over, it's so not over," is repeated OVER and OVER in such a repulsive way that I'd rather cut off my arm with a rusted bow saw than ever have to listen to it again.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 3:49 pm 
Any song, no, any sound ever emanating from Celine Dions' mouth.

gyngve

gyngve
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 3:58 pm 
YMCA (Village Boys) American Pie (Don McLean) I'm Blkue (Eiffel 65) Macarena (Los Del Rios) Wannabe (Spice Girls) Graduation (Vitamin C) - for the abuse of Pachebel's Canon in D

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 4:06 pm 
Sugar Shack.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Rich Baldwin
Mister Eddie

Rich Baldwin
Mister Eddie
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 4:28 pm 
MacAurthur Park.

Was you ever bit by a dead bee?
Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 4:40 pm 
Anything sung by me either on the trail or in the shower. wink.gif

Honey Badger Don't Care!
l

l
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 5:33 pm 
Rich Baldwin wrote:
MacAurthur Park.
Hey Rich, just in case you forgot the best of those lovely lyrics: Someone left the cake out in the rain I don't think that I can take it 'Cause it took so long to bake it And I'll never have that recipe again Oh, no!

l

l
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 5:45 pm 
Quark wrote:
Sugar Shack.
How could someone not like a tune by Jimmy Gilmer and the Fireballs? Any song with 'Jim' and 'shack' in it gotta be good. A one, a two, a one two three four... "There's a crazy little shack beyond the tracks And ev'rybody calls it the sugar shack Well, it's just a coffeehouse and it's made out of wood Expresso coffee tastes mighty good That's not the reason why I've got to get back To that sugar shack, whoa baby!"

Jeepasaurusrex

Jeepasaurusrex
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 6:21 pm 
Any Dixie Chicks song eck.gif

"I would like to see things from your point of view, but I cannot get my head that far up my butt"
tofu on toast hiker
Santiago!

tofu on toast hiker
Santiago!
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 7:44 pm 
Midnight at the Oasis is a great song. I don't think Barry sang Feelings. Borderline, Spanish Lullaby, and Take a Bow are great songs by Madonna. Long Time Gone and Travelling Soldier are good songs by the Chicks. Come Together by the Beatles is a bad song.

T-O-F-U in the USA! T-O-F-U in the USA! Tofu in the USA!
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 8:10 pm 
The absolute worst song of all time is Uneasy Rider II by Charlie Daniels. In this sicko reprise of his funny Uneasy Rider, two homophobic criminals go into a gay bar, and are so offended by the presence of gay men there ( doh.gif ) that they procede to kick in the heads of everyone in the bar, just for the "fun" of it. The excellence of the original Uneasy Rider only serves to highlight how truly awful the remake is.

tofu on toast hiker
Santiago!

tofu on toast hiker
Santiago!
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 8:16 pm 
Putz-in-Boots wrote:
Tofu... You are right Feelings isn't by Barry. Gosh...the master of bad songs missed one. But take your pick...I dare you...challenge you...are any of these songs actually any good? 1. Mandy 2. It's a Miracle 1/2* 3. Could It Be Magic 1/2* 4. I Write the Songs 5. Bandstand Boogie* 6. Tryin' to Get the Feeling Again 7. Beautiful Music 8. This One's for You 9. Weekend in New England 10. Jump Shout Boogie 11. Looks Like We Made It* 12. Daybreak* 13. New York City Rhythm 14. Can't Smile Without You* 15. Even Now 16. Copacabana (At the Copa) 17. Ready to Take a Chance Again 18. Somewhere in the Night 19. Ships 20. When I Wanted You 21. I Don't Want to Walk Without You* 22. One Voice 23. I Made It Through the Rain 24. Lonely Together 25. The Old Songs 26. Somewhere Down the Road 27. Memory 28. Some Kind of Friend 29. Read 'Em and Weep 30. When October Goes 31. I'm Your Man 32. Brooklyn Blues 33. Hey Mambo 34. I'd Really Love to See You Tonight*
Barry, in my opinion, is one of the few performers that bridges 70's pop with the old big band/musical-showbiz sound. In a way he's more from the big band era than the pop era. Songs like It's a Miracle, Bandstand Boogie, Can't Smile W/O You, and I Don't Want to Walk W/O You are good demos of this. I've always thought I Write the Songs was a dumb song. The one's I put a full asterisk by are solid songwriting, as good as any other pop song, and will stand the test of time. Note the similarity between Can't Smile without You and the Rogers and Hart song There's a Small Hotel (peformed by Sinatra). These songs are structurally similar, and could be mistaken to be from the same decade.

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 8:34 pm 
I befreinded a Japanese man on a WTA who was going to the UW for his degree in Forestry. He and I and another freind hung out together all summer, 1998, hiking and car camping and doing trail work. He spoke very little English, and we had great conversations about sunny side up eggs and CDs, at least that's what I think he said.... Anyway, Maria and I decided to make Kenji a hip American dude, so one night we took him to Cafe Paradiso on First Hill, got him hyped up on java and taught him how to speak these words in very clear English: "Barry Manilow sucks."

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Stones
funk soul brother

Stones
funk soul brother
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 8:36 pm 
Feelings (nothing more than ...)

Let me stand next to your fire
tofu on toast hiker
Santiago!

tofu on toast hiker
Santiago!
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 8:54 pm 
Radio reception in Western Washington is notoriously bad. The signal reflections in the hills can produce artifacts in the sound. I would withhold judgement on Barry Manilow until you have listened to him in Kanasas or Texas on Bose speakers.