Forum Index > Trip Reports > Gothic Basin 8-4-06
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostFri Aug 04, 2006 8:51 pm 
Foist was right; Quark WAS right. About what, I dont know. But it was a spectacular area. It's been on my list for awhile too and seeing the recent trip report sent me off on the first of my August friday vacation hikes. On the way in I nearly hit two black dogs on the highway. The first one mozied right out in front of me just outside Granite Falls. The second one ran up off the side of the Stillaguamish and I had to stop. He kept walking around barking at me. I thought maybe if I got out he'd lead me to Timmy down a well or something, but he seemed more like the kind of dog that would lead me there and push me down the well, so I kept on driving when he got out of the way. At Barlow there was a Civic with a smashed window and a missing radio, the dashboard looks like it was very savaged in the process. The sheriff had left a note and business card on the car advising them it was logged and they should call. Not much to add from the previous thread. The basin itself is spectacular! So much smoothed rock face and flowing water. I poked around the little tarns in the lower part, then around Foggy Lake up higher. I went up to the little bump above Foggy and took a few photos before heading down. There was one other dayhiker and I could see a group on Foggy Pass heading up towards Gothic. Sometime I'll be back for Gothic and maybe Del Campo.
I started early to get back early so I was stuck with pretty harsh noon sunlight. Ugh. Trip photos

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Hiker Mama

Hiker Mama
PostFri Aug 04, 2006 11:16 pm 
Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. That's one of the hikes on the top of my list for when I get back in shape. hmmm.gif

My hiking w/ kids site: www.thehikermama.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message