Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > The Beast
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
l

l
PostSat Aug 05, 2006 10:00 am 
Twice this week our dog has been sprayed by a skunk. And let me tell you, bad as that smell may be outdoors, it's twice as bad in a confined space. Max ran into the house both times and furiously rubbed his body against furniture and rug trying to rid the stench. The smell was so toxic we had to flee outside. The effect was like someone had dumped chlorine in the living room. We've tried skunk-be-gone with some success and have heard that tomato juice is even better. We're wondering why Max would even approach a skunk after the first dousing. Like my brother said, it's a good thing he's cute, 'cause he ain't getting by on brains. Anybody else ever been cursed by 'the beast'?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
shiznit75
opie wrangler

shiznit75
opie wrangler
PostSat Aug 05, 2006 3:04 pm 
We used to have issues with "the beast" all the time in Califorina on the chicken ranch. Tomato juice always seemed to work the best. We had to rent a steam cleaner to clean the spot in the carpet the last time Pucky got sprayed. It was just gag.gif

~Lost In Spaz~
l

l
PostSat Aug 05, 2006 4:39 pm 
RDEshadow wrote:
You have got to be kidding??!! That sounds like a HUGE job getting the smell out of all those items! I wonder if you even can get all the funk removed? Sorry to hear about your predicament. And sorry I don't have any advice/tips/suggestions to share. Check with a local pet store and see if they have any suggestions. Man, whatta deal.
Thanks for the empathy - we can use some. I've been working on the rug with all sorts of cleaners but a slight odor persists. Same with Max. He and his infected toys have been banished to the yard until sundown.
radioactive
radioactive

moosefish
I am the fish

moosefish
I am the fish
PostSat Aug 05, 2006 4:43 pm 
My sister-in-law has two Australian Cattle Dogs in northern Kentucky. A few weeks ago the two caught and dismembered a skunk in their back yard. They didn't manage to get any of the skunk itself in the house, but did most of their work on the back deck so it was a bad place for a while.