Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Good bye trusty car
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostWed Aug 23, 2006 9:39 pm 
Ironic...... Everytime I go hiking I prepare myself upon my return to my car for the event of it being broken into or worse, stolen. I have heard of that happening many times to a lot of people. Well this morning I left my apt to leave for work and did not find my car. My rusty trusty Honda Accord was jacked while I slept soundly 100 feet away. frown.gif My car got me to many trailheads and only got stuck once (bad judgement on snow depth) As I shop for a replacement I will fondly remember my Accord and the wonderful times we shared smile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Hiker Chick

Hiker Chick
PostWed Aug 23, 2006 10:12 pm 
Grr.. sorry to hear that.. What kind of car are you shopping for?

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito. Silence is golden and duct tape is silver. I don't write trip reports.
ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostWed Aug 23, 2006 10:57 pm 
That sucks...sorry to hear. Funny story ..I had my chevy tahoe stolen from a shopping mall in Florida about 8 years ago. The insurance company refused to deal with it (me) for many months and I was stuck paying for a rental car for about 5 months. While on another shopping trip (west palm beach).. I walked out to discover the rental car gone..OY..Say it aint so!!.. Not again.. what are the odds. I sat on the curb in disbelief for about an hour..crying occasionally.. only to discover that I parked it on the other side of the mall ykm.gif

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley
seawallrunner
dilettante

seawallrunner
dilettante
PostWed Aug 23, 2006 11:29 pm 
oh goodness I am so sorry. My bf lost his car earlier this week to an 89-year old man who remembers nothing of the accident. Fortunately neither my bf nor his son were in the car when the other person plowed into his car at high speed (without applying the brakes!). My bf's car was parked on the street, under a streetlight... We do get attached to our cars - they are companions to our best weekend adventures. And despite claiming to the contrary, most of us love our cars.

Dustin07

Dustin07
PostThu Aug 24, 2006 7:45 am 
Quote:
I sat on the curb in disbelief for about an hour..crying occasionally.. only to discover that I parked it on the other side of the mall
LMAO!
Quote:
Everytime I go hiking I prepare myself upon my return to my car for the event of it being broken into or worse, stolen.
I'm the same way... how ironic that it got stolen in the one place you were least worried about it... sorry dude. Hope your bike gets good mpc.

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostThu Aug 24, 2006 8:47 am 
Hiker Chick wrote:
Grr.. sorry to hear that.. What kind of car are you shopping for?
Something very cheap. Wasn't planning on getting another car anytime soon........

Tazz

Tazz
PostThu Aug 24, 2006 8:51 am 
That sucks! sorry...

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostThu Aug 24, 2006 8:59 am 
down.gif rant.gif banghead.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostThu Aug 24, 2006 10:52 am 
actionbetty wrote:
only to discover that I parked it on the other side of the mall
That kills me. I did the exact same thing, only different. Before I left for a multi-day trip, I had to park my car a few blocks away (unusual, but someone in the neighborhood had a party the night I parked the car & the streets were full). So when I got back from my trip, I didn't remember where I had parked my car. No big deal, I figured it was just down the street & didn't worry about it. Next day I had to go somewhere, didn't see the car, but I was running late, so grabbed the truck instead, since I knew where it was, and went. It wasn't until the next day that I could really get a good look around for the car. Couldn't find it. Unfortunately, an hour or so before I remembered about the party in the neighborhood the previous week and car-jockeying that ensued, I had told my neighbors and landlord that my car had been stolen.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostThu Aug 24, 2006 12:03 pm 
actionbetty wrote:
Funny story ..I had my chevy tahoe stolen from a shopping mall in Florida about 8 years ago. The insurance company refused to deal with it (me) for many months and I was stuck paying for a rental car for about 5 months.
Now that really sucks. Check this story out: Pinch my Ride

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
mtnwkr

mtnwkr
PostThu Aug 24, 2006 3:11 pm 
Man, That sucks.. I feel your pain, I lost my trusty Accord a few months back, but under different circumstances. Good luck with the new car shopping.

There's a mostly unspoken acknowledgment among the voluntarily impoverished that it's better to be fiscally poor yet rich in experience-living the dream-than to be traditionally wealthy but live separate from one's passions.