Forum Index > Trip Reports > Annette Lake11-17-06
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Coasty
I like Salmon!

Coasty
I like Salmon!
PostFri Nov 17, 2006 11:24 pm 
Hello all, I hiked up the trail a bit today before it got too dark. The first bridge over Humpback Creek is in place, but the soil on the farside of the bridge is almost washed away, there is just a little place to step off of the bridge. There are also a couple of washed out culverts between the trailhead and the Iron Horse trail. Snow is patchy at around 2150', becomes steady at 2500', I turned around at 2700' and would have put on snowshoes if I hadcontinued. I did not make it to the Avy chutes which is where I wanted to go so I could see what their condition was. Anyway short and sweet. Jason B

http://www.BackpackGearTest.org The Most Comprehensive Interactive Gear Reviews and Tests on the Planet!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Nov 17, 2006 11:40 pm 
does it look like the bridge can withstand the snowload this winter? That's a fairly new and costly bridge.... frown.gif

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Coasty
I like Salmon!

Coasty
I like Salmon!
PostFri Nov 17, 2006 11:58 pm 
The bridge foundation looked ok, and there was no snow there now. It is the bank on the far side of the bridge that is washing away from the last storm. The creek is still flowing pretty fast. Jason

http://www.BackpackGearTest.org The Most Comprehensive Interactive Gear Reviews and Tests on the Planet!