Forum Index > Trip Reports > Little Si Trail or Wallace Falls accessability
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
satyrium1975

satyrium1975
PostWed Jan 10, 2007 5:00 pm 
Hello all! I haven't been on here for ages and it's good to be back. I really appreciate all the tips as well as the smarting off that goes on. tongue.gif I have a question for those of you who are out on the trails around Seattle more often than I am. (Which is likely all of you. My boots are dusty and not from any trails.) I'd like to hit the mountains this upcoming week and haven't heard mention of whether Wallace Falls trail or Little Si are clear or what. I have my lovely faithful Yak-Trax (think that's what they're called!) that I have yet to use on anything other than my sidewalks when that freak storm hit a few months ago, but don't have snowshoes. You figure I'll be okay?? I would appreciate any tips you all have!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl

LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl
PostWed Jan 10, 2007 5:18 pm 
I don't think i've ever seen wallace falls with much snow no matter what time of year. I think the only time it will have snow is... now... because it's snowing. Accessability... get there and out before dusk and pay your 5 dollar parking fee and the ranger will be happy with you. wink.gif As for the little si trail there is a trip report for a loop hike already listed. Wallace falls also has a trip report if you didn't notice that: Mount Si loop hike Wallace falls

JimK

JimK
PostWed Jan 10, 2007 5:51 pm 
No charge to park at Wallace Falls State Park. That fee went away last year. They did keep the pay box as a voluntary donation station.

LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl

LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl
PostWed Jan 10, 2007 6:06 pm 
oh really? Wow I thought they still had that.

H. Hound

H. Hound
PostWed Jan 10, 2007 7:05 pm 
Little Si is more than likely mostly snow free (it looked like it was yesterday). Maybe an inch fell during the day today in North Bend, but really didn't stick to much.

captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostWed Jan 10, 2007 10:43 pm 
Wallace had trace amounts of snow starting at about 1500' as of 01/04. The large deadfall has been cleared from the Railroad grade trail, but a barrier at the junction with the Woody trail was in place to keep people from going up that way. The Woody trail is clear to the top of the falls, the Greg Ball trail has one large deadfall parallel to the trail, but it is easily navigable by bipeds and quadrupeds alike. Snow should be down to the parking lot by tomorrow, so everything changes.

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostThu Jan 11, 2007 10:55 am 
Gold Bar got 10.5 inches last night, one of the heaviest totals in the area. Wallace Falls will have lots of snow today, and probably for the coming week.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
satyrium1975

satyrium1975
PostThu Jan 11, 2007 11:32 am 
Wallace Falls and Little Si
Thank you everyone for your responses and links! Looks like the question of snow on the trail is literally up in the air. smile.gif