Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 11:07 pm 
Stefan wrote:
Don't put if off getting your passport to the last minute--it takes a couple of months.
That's exactly why I'm not expecting to have one before my trip. I plan to get one, but I don't have enough time for he process before I leave.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
David¹
Token Canadian

David¹
Token Canadian
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 7:14 am 
The time it takes for more thorough inspections at the border has been somewhat offset by the fact that fewer people are attempting to cross. This is especially true of Canadians who are further detered by our crumbling dollar. Those mini-malls near the border are virtual ghost towns now. We make a point of always going at off hours and we tune into Newsradio 1130 AM - for border updates (every 10 minutes on the ones!)

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 2:56 pm 
Stefan wrote:
Don't put if off getting your passport to the last minute--it takes a couple of months.
When I got mine after 9/11, I was told 6-8 weeks. I got it 2 weeks to the day I submitted my paperwork & $ NN

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 8:29 pm 
We crossed back into the US at Sumas two weeks ago, and it was quick and painless, except they confiscated our pizza right out of the cooler because it had meat on it! How could meat on a pizza that we had already eaten some of cause a mad cow risk in the US? We weren't going to feed the pizza to any cows! About a year ago, we went to Vancouver for a Jewel concert, and I just had my driver's license with me for the return to the US. The border guard got really mad, and insulting, but let us through rather quickly anyway. Now that's good security-get angry and insulting but let them through! That will show those terrorists! Also, remember that Canada won't allow felons in, and since drunk driving is a felony in Canada, you must apply in advance for entry if you have a DWI conviction on your record. This is true even if you aren't driving. They actually had to change the law to exempt the US President to allow GWB in. (How many of you were aware that the President is a convicted criminal?).