Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > tom leykis
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 8:37 am 
Leykis is just another talk show host (like Rush with AWM) who has found a particular audience all be it smaller (young males) that goes YA! YA! YA! instead of double dittos to you. He used to have on some interesting guests and provided some interesting contrast to the usual blather. The he fell into this sthick. I find him rather boring and almost as irritating as Carrotop.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 9:01 am 
Oh don't even try including that idiot dirt bag in with other respectable talk show hosts that stand for *something* whether you agree with what they stand for or not! Leykis stands for nothing! He's a jerk and an idiot that, like Howard Stern, only cares about shock value and ratings. Neither of those two are worth a red cent in my opinion....... Oh and Mal, if you are trying to insinuate that Rush *only* has white males in his audience, well then you aren't getting it at all. Rush had 25+ million listeners daily. His listeners are spread across the entire spectrum. White and black, men and women, adults and kids. Oh, yes wealthy and poor people listen too. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Larry

Larry
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 9:26 am 
Mal wrote: almost as irritating as Carrotop. I do agree. Carrot Top is as irritating as it gets. lol.gif

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 9:33 am 
Hey sorry to insult your little tin god, but I still say he is a big fat liar. He himself says he is an "Entertainer" and not a commentator (although this is a way of avoiding responsibility for his words. Didn't you love it when on his TV show he said, "You know there is another dog in the Whitehouse besides Buddy" then flashed a picture of 12 year old Chelsea. Yeah he a hell of a nice guy. moon.gif Let's put a little spice into the Saloon

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 9:38 am 
Oh Mal, your getting mad now, and besides yourself... Rush is not my tin god. I never said that he was nice, and he does in fact say that he is both an entertainer and a commentator.... Your slipping now Mal. You don't have to like him, although you are admitting that you have watched/listened to him, just be accurate. Hmmm TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Eric
Peak Geek

Eric
Peak Geek
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 10:06 am 
He's just putting on a show for frat boys, wannebe hustlers and those who are outraged by such things. I don't find any redeeming honesty in it even if he happens to believe much of what he says, I find it to be just another entertainer trying to cash in on the trend of trying to be crass to the point of outrageousness as their shtick. And it seems to work for him I guess since he does have a national radio show.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 10:23 am 
Well said Eric... TB

treewalker

treewalker
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 12:09 pm 
well I think he provides a service to those of us guys who have been walked on by women and want to bring that trend to an end.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 12:16 pm 
Hah! Coming from someone who walks on trees. vent.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 12:30 pm 
Tee-Dub. Ooh baby, now that is a statement that (were you me) SOME women on this site would email you a man portable tactical nuclear weapon for sure!!!!! TB

treewalker

treewalker
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 1:04 pm 
well I speak from experience... I used to be a dumb ass loser who let girls walk all over him, fell in love at the wink of an eye and became putty in girl's hands in exchange for the weakest levels of affection. Basically Tom has helped to raise my standards. I won't settle for less than I know I deserve. There are too many out there, both men and women, who percieve life as a cutthroat game to not know the basic rules of how it works. I don't lie to girls or even disrespect them, but I won't buy them dinner or flowers or pay for their vacations of finance their social life either. I won't even bother to talk to a girl who doesn't give me what I am looking for, or who wants me to change. I used to but since I have stood up for myself and set limits on what I am willing to do, girls treat me better and have more respect for me, and they even seem to want me more. So, thanks Tom!!!

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 2:58 pm 
Well, I dont like the guy, but you have made your point very very well. And, I have seen what you are talking about, and agree with many of your points. TB

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 4:44 pm 
Larry wrote:
Mal wrote: almost as irritating as Carrotop. I do agree. Carrot Top is as irritating as it gets. lol.gif
ditto.gif I also thought the same of that idiotic Gallagher "entertainer"- the guy that smashes watermelons on stage- yeah that guy. Fortunately I don't see him around anymore. That perky gal on the Travel Channel (MCaver mentioned her recently) has officially gotten on my nerves as well- she's cute enough but overstays her welcome REALLY fast. Take her and everyone on those home-redecorating-while-you're-out shows and toss them into a starving wolf pit.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 8:21 pm 
Last I heard Gallager was running for Governor of California along with every other nit and flit. doh.gif

treewalker

treewalker
PostSat Sep 13, 2003 7:28 am 
the lykkens wrote:
treewalker wrote:
I think this guy is kind of like me in that his logic is consistent but his conclusions and statements seem strange or offensive to some.
hmmm... consistent logic? respect only when it benefits you revenge is ok when it gratifies you judgements on others but none for yourself sounds like circular logic at best and justification of ones own poor actions at worst to me. -jrl
Why should you give respect to someone who seeks to harm and disrespect you? That would seem to be a poor action to me. You obviously haven't listened to Tom because when people call in with ideas of revenge he calls them losers and tells them to move on with their lives and forget about it. In terms of judgements, do you mean how he judges attractiveness? I think his standard is looks for women, wealth for men. Maybe it's a cynical perspective, but at least it is a consistent standard and does conveniently measure up to how society seems to function, in the majority of cases. Show me one knockout babe who dates a garbage man and you will have proved Tom Leykis wrong, and actually I bet he would take your call and publicize it. Tom is a feminist.