Forum Index > Food & Grub > Teanaway car camp and trail cooking demo by Sarbar
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostSat May 30, 2009 9:17 pm 
I'll be there on Friday: Highwalker's Daughter, Jomama, Candice, (Kathyb?) Backbacker Joe I'll be there on Saturday: Ree the Zachster + 1 Sarbar + 1 Michelle? Dayhike Mike I showed, looking for free food then left Spotly and Spoteri

Wiki summmary last edited by Spotly on Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:58 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu May 28, 2009 12:16 pm 
Bugger, that's a lot of phood! Ill bring my fridge so anybody needing to keep important things (like beer hockeygrin.gif ) cold is good to go!!!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostThu May 28, 2009 12:38 pm 
Yeah, I forgot to put the OR between the items! embarassedlaugh.gif You don't need to bring all those things - just one item for dinner and one toward breakfast. This group typically ends up with LOTS of food. Wouldn't want to forget that cooler. lol.gif

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu May 28, 2009 12:45 pm 
Highwalker's Daughter wrote:
I know. We still have to find a catchier name - Trail Barbies was a play on Barbie being 50 this year, but Barbies also have bad connotations so the search is still on for that perfect name . . . . smile.gif
to heck with the connotations, own that name and make it your own with new ones. it's a very slick, retro name...create an image that says you don't screw with these Barbies.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
ree

ree
PostFri May 29, 2009 1:35 pm 
I know. We still have to find a catchier name - Trail Barbies was a play on Barbie being 50 this year, but Barbies also have bad connotations so the search is still on for that perfect name . . . . smile.gif
I still think MAMLs is cute and clever.

Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostFri May 29, 2009 3:07 pm 
I like MAMLs also. Kathy suggested Trail Barbies but now doesn't like it so we can go with another idea. I also think the Girls Gone Hiking or something like that was a really catchy, good idea.

Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostWed Jun 03, 2009 10:10 am 
Where is this place up the Teanaway?

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence
Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostWed Jun 03, 2009 10:31 am 
I-90 to exit 85 (Cle Elum); take 970 6 miles to a left on North Teanaway Road; go 13 miles to the end of the pavement at 29 Pines Campground; then take the road going straight - 4 miles to Beverly Campground on the left. We'll be trying to get the spots by the creek.

Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostWed Jun 03, 2009 10:44 am 
I-90 to exit 85 (Cle Elum); take 970 6 miles to a left on North Teanaway Road; go 13 miles to the end of the pavement at 29 Pines Campground; then take the road going straight - 4 miles to Beverly Campground on the left. We'll be trying to get the spots by the creek.
I know the place. I'll likely skip. Heading back from Spokane and that's a far piece off my route. Bon apetite

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence
Spotly

Spotly
PostWed Jun 03, 2009 12:31 pm 
What's going on Saturday afternoon? Teri and I might be up there hiking Saturday. If we manage to get out of town, might stop by if we know what to look for...the 8' X 10' "NWHikers are here." sign? smile.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jun 03, 2009 1:09 pm 
Ill be heading over early on Friday. Im going to try and nab a couple creek side spots. Look for a tan Jeep Liberty. up.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Jun 04, 2009 9:16 am 
Bumpbumpbump smile.gif I am nearly done with planning food. So far: A Hummus Dip Spicy Tuna Couscous Wraps Tuna Bruschetta Lentil Salad Fried Rice One Pot Pasta Pomegranate Scones And! Dicentra and her kidling are coming as well smile.gif That means you all get twice the goodies and twice the trail cookin'! And twice the brains to pick at if you desire biggrin.gif So come everyone, it will be a good time hopefully! up.gif PS: I am also bringing a couple new items from www.packitgourmet.com to do reviews on as well.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostThu Jun 04, 2009 9:28 am 
Just as a heads up: If you were planning to go into Bean/Earl Peak, you might want to change your plans as a Mountaineers Scramble group will be in there both days from what I can tell. One of the instructors is a co-worker, and he says it will be crowded up there!

Spotly

Spotly
PostThu Jun 04, 2009 10:48 am 
Just as a heads up: If you were planning to go into Bean/Earl Peak, you might want to change your plans as a Mountaineers Scramble group will be in there both days from what I can tell. One of the instructors is a co-worker, and he says it will be crowded up there!
This peak has become so ellusive! We may change plans or just go with different expectations smile.gif Thanks for the heads up.

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Jun 05, 2009 10:15 am 
What time will you be having the backcountry cooking demonstration? I want to hike during the day, but don't want to miss the "main event". smile.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short