Forum Index > Trail Talk > Road Repair proposals, MBSNF
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostWed Mar 24, 2004 1:22 pm 
Public comment still available (it says Mar 5, but MBSNF guru last night says the public can still comment) http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/projects/flood-damage-roads/index.shtml

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostWed Mar 24, 2004 3:26 pm 
Pullleeeeze. Who can take the time for that when we can still kick Bill Clinton around in the Full Moon Saloon?

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostWed Mar 24, 2004 3:56 pm 
The ironical thing is, is that funding for road repair is available, but some of these roads lead to trailheads that are no longer attached to trails. Circle Peak trail is still there, Rat Trap Pass...and if the Whitechuck were fixed, that combined with the possible loss of Meadow Mtn trail due to inaccessibility, maybe it'd be a better case for funding a new trail. I don't know how it all works, though. But I like to read about it the different types of construction and design anyway. Anything that says "riprap the abuttment" gets my vote. I've always wanted to use the word riprap in a sentence. This doesn't count because its a quote.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger
PostWed Mar 24, 2004 4:02 pm 
Yeah, and on the Middle Fork they're hoping to cut down on all the riprap along the corridor by closing the road. "Clearing and grubbing" has always been a favorite of mine.

"Profound serenity is the product of unfaltering Trust and heightened vulnerability."