Forum Index > Food & Grub > Six Meals Free
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostMon Feb 01, 2010 10:46 pm 
http://www.efoodsdirect.com/george/

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Feb 01, 2010 10:53 pm 
Gee, only $15 for shipping and handling. That's $5 more than it costs them to ship a 1 week (22 meal) supply.

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostMon Feb 01, 2010 11:37 pm 
Maybe best to stock up. The audio seminar sounds like wacko survivalist talk. However, the food appears healthy enough..

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostTue Feb 02, 2010 8:34 am 
Be wary on one thing...the calorie count. One meal (the gratin potatoes) a serving is 110 calories! 110 calories? That is less than a candy bar! Even the rice dish at 270 calories is not enough for anyone outside of a child when physically active. You would have to eat 2-3 servings to be full. Edit....the tortilla soup only has 90 calories per serving. Great if one is dieting lol.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostTue Feb 02, 2010 9:21 am 
sarbar wrote:
270 calories is not enough for anyone outside of a child when physically active.
1 in 3 kids are overweight or obese. 50% of American adults are overweight. Maybe a little survival food and hiking would be a healthy thing. burger.gif http://www.ajc.com/news/michelle-obama-childhood-obesity-286151.html?cxtype=rss_news_128746 At Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Dr. Mark Wulkan sees the problem firsthand. As the hospital's chief surgeon, he oversees gastric bypasses, lap band procedures and other surgeries on obese children.
Bon Bons & MTV.
Bon Bons & MTV.

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostTue Feb 02, 2010 9:39 am 
Obviously you have never met my son Ford. He is off the charts (literally) for height percentile. And below 50th percentile for weight. In other words: a skinny beanpole that never quits moving once awake. That kids eats as much as I and my husband combined do when hiking. His food bag is twice the size of mine. We had to buy him his own Ursack bag around 3 years ago so he could carry his food. If I fed him "meals" with 90 calories a serving he would pass out from hunger on the trail. shakehead.gif The fastest way to have a kid hate hiking is to make them suffer. Frankly, food is what makes mine love to go hiking - since I let him pick what he takes. We make it part of the trip - we plan, we shop, we pack together.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
tigermn

tigermn
PostTue Feb 02, 2010 9:56 am 
Yea you surely don't want to be bonking on a hike/outdoor trip in the wilderness. Have that happen and watch the fun meter drop to near 0. Eat as many calories as you need to feel good and keep the energy levels up so you can enjoy the experience. Save the dieting for when you are sitting around the house watching Leave it to Beaver reruns. lol.gif

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostTue Feb 02, 2010 10:08 am 
Ford is very lucky to have a Mom like you. Not all parents are like you, Sarbar. Check this Youtube video where the words tell different stories depending on which way it's read:

Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostWed Feb 03, 2010 1:52 pm 
sarbar wrote:
Be wary on one thing...the calorie count. One meal (the gratin potatoes) a serving is 110 calories! 110 calories? That is less than a candy bar! Even the rice dish at 270 calories is not enough for anyone outside of a child when physically active. You would have to eat 2-3 servings to be full. Edit....the tortilla soup only has 90 calories per serving. Great if one is dieting lol.gif
Serving size is one cup eek.gif That is a light snack between meals! 4 servings per container makes one container a meal for 1, so multiply the nutritional info by 4 and eat the whole pack.

Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostWed Feb 03, 2010 3:11 pm 
couldn't find anything on size/weight/cooking instructions on their flashy page. Hard to find details of what's in the food. I'm out!

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostThu Feb 04, 2010 2:38 pm 
Daryl wrote:
Hard to find details of what's in the food. I'm out!
The offer was made the other night on this radio show: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/ I'm not sure how long the offer is available. In these uncertain economic hard times it might be a good thing for many hiking and camping folks. If one package = 2 dinner main course meals that would make 12 meals for $15.00 or a little over $1.00 a meal. Or 2 people sharing cost for 6 nights for dirt cheap.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Feb 04, 2010 4:19 pm 
oes it come with any chemtrails or aliens? wink.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostSat Feb 06, 2010 12:12 am 
Of course.