Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mt. Spokane - again.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Spotly

Spotly
PostSun May 16, 2004 2:46 pm 
Teri and I decided to get out and catch a quick hike to start out the weekend. We had originally planned to hike Ragged Mountain/Ridge (a great spot for wildflowers from what I've heard). We got up early to catch the sunrise from the ridge and arrived at Hauser Lake to find that the road to the trailhead was blocked. So, we decided to hike to Vista House on top of Mt. Spokane instead. We started at trailhead 3 and after a few miles, caught Vista road at Bald Knob. The road still had lots of snow and ice with about 3 feet in spots at the top. The birds and wildflowers were out in-force. We arrived at the top in about 1.5 hrs. and after a quick bagel and some almonds, we headed back down to the truck. Up was cool but down really bites on a recovering little toe. Total for the trip was 8.5 miles and the "improved" foot did ok. I think the new Merrells help - still some pain though. Overall, a good hike to tide us over till the more remote trails open up. (Pictures)

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ridgescrambler

ridgescrambler
PostSun May 16, 2004 4:39 pm 
great pics! Makes me tempted to cross to the other side to explore some country - thanks for sharing such great shots.

Go to the mountains - for only there are you truly free......
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message