Previous :: Next Topic
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostFri Jun 19, 2009 7:50 am 
BigSteve wrote:
More Coyotebell wrote:
I sat there and ate Butterhorns with Dizzy Gillespie once.
Wow! up.gif Tell us more about your encounter! What the heck was Diz doing in E-burg?
He was playing with the Jazz Band with the University. The father of the dorky drummer I was dating was in the "war" with Dizzy's manager and that's how that all came about. I got to sit next to Dizzy at dinner the night before too. It was a great concert and an honor to meet one of the greatest jazz legends of all time.

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostFri Jun 19, 2009 11:28 am 
Cool up.gif I saw Diz 2X, including a show at the New Orleans Cafe in Pioneer Square in the last year of his life. Yes, he was a giant of American music, and a very good and gracious guy too.

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostMon Jun 29, 2009 9:08 am 
I visited the Valley Cafe last Saturday night. Things are not the same as they used to be and we were both pretty disappointed in the food. They used the have this great lemon tahini salad dressing and that was gone also. bawl.gif The decor is still the same but just looking at the deco woodwork in my booth made me want to get out the Murphy's Oil Soap and start cleaning. It's amazing how dark wood can hide many many food splatters. Then there was the wine list with $12.50/glass wines on there. WTF? rant.gif

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSun Nov 29, 2009 12:55 pm 
More Coyotebell said
Quote:
I visited the Valley Cafe last Saturday night. Things are not the same as they used to be and we were both pretty disappointed in the food. They used the have this great lemon tahini salad dressing and that was gone also. bawl.gif
We had the same sad experience, about a year ago. frown.gif Used to be, we'd plan trips over in that area, just to have an excuse to go to the Valley Cafe for lamb. No more: the last time, the potion had been cut in half and the preparation was mediocre. Accompaniments were ordinary (i.e., inedible). Phooey! irked.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
mthyer

mthyer
PostMon Jul 12, 2010 5:24 pm 
Yep, you're right there's not a lot here to choose from. But I'd suggest you try the Yellow Church next time you'd like something tasty. Their breakfast is best.