Forum Index > Food & Grub > The Well Equipped Trail Baby - Miles Outside Organics
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostTue Oct 12, 2010 1:12 pm 
Since I know there are a number of us here with new ones I might keep doing these threads! smile.gif This last week while out Walker tried out a new line of instant dry baby food (this was a great find!) that is made by Miles Outside. The line is organic, some are gluten free and easy on your babies tummy overall. It is packaged in small single serving plastic pouches (just shy of 1 1/2 ounces dry), that have a gusseted bottom for ease in serving. I had ordered the Double Trouble Sampler not long before leaving for our recent trip to the Smokies and the owner, Courtney, went out of her way to ensure I had the meals in time- excellent customer service – and even included the cutest onesie ever:
And the back view:
We tried out Picnic Outside for his first:
Simple to prepare, just add in cool water or for more nutritional stats use formula or breast milk and then stir well. Let it sit for a couple minutes and it magically blends into a perfect constituency. This was the chunkiest food so far for Walker to try and he was happy about it. I gave it a try and you know what? I liked it!
Walker grabbed onto the spoon and wouldn’t let go so that says something!
For his spoon we used the bamboo spoon out of a To Go Ware set. If you have a baby or know someone with a little one, the sampler is a great find even for dayhiking or for keeping in the car (or for that matter even a bug-out kit for emergencies.) ~Sarah

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
nuclear_eggset

nuclear_eggset
PostThu Oct 14, 2010 3:15 pm 
Awesome! When Daphne gets around to handling a spoon (with food on it, not *just* as a toy), I'll have to pick some up!!

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Oct 14, 2010 4:11 pm 
I learned to keep the spoon away hmmm.gif After I got coated with sweet potatoes lol.gif Now I have a "fake" spoon (ie..a clean one) that I let him have while I feed him. It seems to work. For now. I am sure next week he will decide doing razberries with a mouth of food will be fun.

nuclear_eggset

nuclear_eggset
PostFri Oct 15, 2010 9:37 am 
We are doing a little bit different approach to the solid foods where she feeds herself, and we don't put food in her mouth for her. ("baby-led weaning" is the common name for it, though it's better known in England than here.) On a semi related note, we've been usig the backpack style baby carrier for a couple weeks, and I love that thing. I can't wait to have a free weekend for a little hike!

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostFri Oct 15, 2010 9:40 am 
He is so hungry he grabs everything he sees. lol.gif Not that he is starving, ol' bowling ball buns is a big un'.

grannyhiker

grannyhiker
PostThu Oct 21, 2010 10:00 pm 
Just looked at this. Walker certainly is a photogenic model!!!

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.--E.Abbey