Forum Index > Food & Grub > Novilhos Brazilian Steak House
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Dec 23, 2010 12:09 am 
Tried Novilhos out tonight. Really good. A tad pricey ($42.50 / person) but all you can devour. They are in Factoria where the Mexican place used to be. Noticed they had a promo for gift cards (20% bonus) so picked up $84 of gift cards (for $70) which will cover tax and tip for 2 next time (in combination with a $25 restaurant.com certificate). http://www.yelp.com/biz/novilhos-brazilian-steak-house-bellevue

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
mike

mike
PostThu Dec 23, 2010 11:35 am 
If it is truly in the style of a roadside Brazilian steakhouse this would be a great addition to the neighborhood.

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Dec 23, 2010 11:38 am 
I think your mini-review focused more on how much it cost and how to get it for less than it did on the resto itself. Care to tell us about the space, and its various offerings?

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Dec 23, 2010 12:27 pm 
Posted a link to the restro and yelpers. It lists all the stuffs you gets and lots of reviews but here's ya go: Space - Open floor plan. Simple but classy decor. Looks just like the pictures (there are a few on the restro page and a few at the top of the yelp reviews). Salad bar - lots of delicious (and healthy) items (loved the strawberry vinagrette), cheeses, fresh hot bacon, carpaccio, etc. Service - excellent. There are the usual green / red buttons for meat service and they also come by frequently with fresh / hot sides of garlic mashed potatoes, fried polenta (cut like french fries), super nummy cheese bread, and sweet fried banana (couldn't stop eating). Meats - I lost track. Our faves were the house special, the filet, the bottom rump, and the chicken. Dessert - We didn't realize they had it. Were too stuffed to eat any more but apparently they have: Homemade Brazilian Caramel Flan Novilhos Signature Papaya Cream Vanilla New York Cheesecake Italian Lemon Cake Turtle Cheesecake Chocolate Cake

mike

mike
PostThu Dec 23, 2010 12:45 pm 
Indeed it sounds like a traditional roadhouse. Perhaps the best eating in the world...for a carnivore. The flan would be the desert of choice though the deserts are brought around like the meats, polenta etc.

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Dec 23, 2010 12:47 pm 
pig.gif I wonder how long they'd put up with the Bottomless Stomach (Ford)? biggrin.gif Perfect place for a carnivore eating machine!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Dec 23, 2010 12:58 pm 
They are more than happy to feed you all the meat you can devour. If you don't flip your button to red you will quickly have more on your plate than you can eat. $42.50 per person + tax + tip is not the cheapest dinner out there for a kid. Lunch is apparently half that price, but I don't know what you get.

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Dec 23, 2010 1:01 pm 
Ford got the "glare and lecture" at an Asian buffet 2 years ago lol.gif lol.gif Something about how he was too tall to be his age and wow, was he full yet? I don't have a problem taking him out to eat. He has excellent table manners and always gets his money's worth biggrin.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Dec 23, 2010 4:08 pm 
Im going to have to try that place. Thanks Thomas.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Dalekz

Dalekz
PostThu Dec 23, 2010 5:54 pm 
There is one similar in downtown Seattle http://www.ipanemabraziliangrill.us/ We had our company holiday lunch there the last two years (i.e didn't have to pay for it) The meats this year were much better than last year, but really didn't match up to the quality of the one we hit in Minneapolis when working there. Its really a meat lovers paradise, though on the salad sid they had good mussels, scallops and rubbery calamari.

RokIzGud
Cozza Frenzy

RokIzGud
Cozza Frenzy
PostFri Dec 24, 2010 10:57 am 
Dalekz wrote:
There is one similar in downtown Seattle http://www.ipanemabraziliangrill.us/ We had our company holiday lunch there the last two years (i.e didn't have to pay for it) The meats this year were much better than last year, but really didn't match up to the quality of the one we hit in Minneapolis when working there. Its really a meat lovers paradise, though on the salad sid they had good mussels, scallops and rubbery calamari.
Oh god... That place is frackin AWESOME!!!! I ate so much good food I seriously I was about to go into cardiac arrest.

North by Northwest
Luc

Luc
PostWed Dec 29, 2010 5:53 pm 
i'll have to try one of these. i've never been to a steakhouse, and i always write-off buffets or all you can eat for mediocre at best - especially if they have a salad bar. maybe i've gotten snooty and prefer to have my food designed for me......but clearly i'm missing at least one thing desirable smile.gif ....i think i'm hungry.

GNGSTR
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostWed Dec 29, 2010 6:00 pm 
These places can be really good. There's one in Salt Lake City of all places that I really like!

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
mike

mike
PostWed Dec 29, 2010 6:15 pm 
"steakhouse" is a poor translation and what we commonly think of as a steakhouse bears no resemblance to a Brazilian roadhouse

seawallrunner
dilettante

seawallrunner
dilettante
PostWed Dec 29, 2010 7:22 pm 
so there's a rodizio in Factoria and another one in Belltown? Two reasons for me to return to Seattle soon. Of all the things I miss of Brazil, the rodizios are in the top 5. Yummy food, great atmosphere, and oh the food! did I mention the food?