Forum Index > Trip Reports > 2009 Oct 18 Meadowdale Beach Park, Edmonds, Washington
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mosquito Food
This is how we do it

Mosquito Food
This is how we do it
PostTue Oct 20, 2009 7:15 am 
Meadowdale Beach Park is visited on a mild October day in the greater Seattle area. The park includes a wooded ravine with small creek that flows out to a sandy, log-strewn beach on Puget Sound. On this day, two BNSF locomotives passed by as well. This park is a special place for the narrator as he spent his pre-teen years (late 70s) in a nearby neighborhood and would hike down to the park a few times each year.
This stroll is only 2 miles RT so it's great for kids.

Fueled by cornbread
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostTue Oct 20, 2009 9:18 am 
Thanks MF. I have been wanting to take the kids there. The last I heard was it was still damaged/closed from some storm.

captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostTue Oct 20, 2009 4:58 pm 
Hi new guy. wave.gif I kinda like to think of Meadowdale as my little park, its close to home for me and I always enjoy going. I was there a couple of weeks ago to jog down to the beach, then back up. I saw Ranger Doug and thought to myself, he sure has been here for a long time. I thought they changed venues for state park rangers on a regular basis, but when I asked Doug about it, he said he's been there, at Meadowdale, for 16 years ! I still think, with the cabin down there near the beach, and the peaceful visitors, its a pretty sweet gig for a park ranger. Here is a couple of previous threads with some pictures if your interested; https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7963815&highlight=meadowdale https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7972029&highlight=meadowdale https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7970190&highlight=meadowdale C.J.

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee
PostWed Oct 21, 2009 10:52 am 
Small world. My cousin lived in that neighborhood in the early 80's. I went to Meadowdale Middle School for a while. We'd often hike down to the park, and occasionally walk along the tracks all the way to the Edmonds Ferry. Other than that, I have absolutely no fond memories of that area.

Timmie

Timmie
PostWed Oct 21, 2009 11:46 am 
Meadowdale Alumni here... parents live a few block from the trail head parking lot. I have many fond memories of the trail and i would suspect that is why I hike today. up.gif

furthur
Berry Bagger

furthur
Berry Bagger
PostWed Oct 21, 2009 3:30 pm 
AH, looks like you won't have to walk the rails anymore.... http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20091020/NEWS01/710209860

"You're either on the bus or off the bus." Kesey
drakonis

drakonis
PostWed Oct 21, 2009 3:55 pm 
wow. small world. meadowdale alumni. (chiefs) not mavericks. was part of the crew that built the giant snowman (sherrif on skis) back in the early 80's in front of the school. lived directly across from the old baseball fields in the blue 2 story from 76 to 80 somthin. used to tromp around in that ravine when i was a kid before it was a park. wonder if the blue rock is still there.

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee
PostWed Oct 21, 2009 4:04 pm 
I remember that snowman! Must've been '82 or '83. It was pretty impressive to a kid who just moved here from Vegas.

Timmie

Timmie
PostThu Oct 22, 2009 8:40 am 
They were still the Chiefs for me but I do think I was the last class to see that name 93'. Also the last class to see the Spirit Keg.... It is amazing what a trend of PC can wipe out? rolleyes.gif

drakonis

drakonis
PostThu Oct 22, 2009 4:00 pm 
ahhh the sprit keg. when they tore the old school down i worked for the demo co. i had in my possesion the chief painting on the circular board that was hanging up in the gym. i gave it to another class member and havent seen it since.

fzte
All in the Boots

fzte
All in the Boots
PostThu Feb 10, 2011 11:49 am 
This is a cool park and a great small hike to do with family. It's got everything... a park, a beach, trains and forest. I live pretty close to the trailhead. I use the trail as a sort of "hiking treadmill" biggrin.gif

Climbing for Camp Erin - Zero to Everest | Facebook | Twitter