Forum Index > Partners > High Uintas Traverse August 20th - August 31st
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostFri Jan 27, 2012 2:40 pm 
Hey everyone! So this will likely be a shot in the dark but it is worth a try. I sent this same message on 14ers.com as well. I am looking for someone who is interested in a 12 day trek across the crest of the High Uinta Mountains in NE Utah. I am getting very desperate to find someone as I have had this route all planned out sitting on my computer for three years now. The last two years I was unable to do this trek of a lifetime due to snow conditions and the fact I could not find someone to go with. Surely I'm not the only one who takes summers completely off. We will be starting at the U-bar Ranch (Uinta River trailhead) in the ranges' eastern end and trekking west and ending at the Mirror Lake Highway. We will be above treeline most of the time and have the opportunity to summit 20+ peaks including all the Utah 13ers. See this Link for a map of the route. It is the first map on the page and is interactive so feel free to pan around. There are two primary reasons why I need someone to do this trek with. One is that I simply do not do these long backpacks by myself. The other is that we need two cars. One car to park at the east end of the range, the other to park at the west end. This type of trip is what I live for. We will be doing an average of 10 miles per day, not all with packs though. Side trips up summits are included in that count. We will not hit anything above class 2 with packs on and the hardest peaks we will climb are class 3. We will be getting into parts of the Uintas that are scarcely travelled and camping at lakes few people ever see. See this Page for some information about the Uinta Mountains and some photos. If you are interested, please respond here or send me a PM and I'll provide more details. The dates are August 20th through August 31st. As I said, I am really wanting to do this trek this summer and it is one of the higher priority trips for me. Dates are fairly firm but can be moved around a little if need be. So if this appeals to you, find some time off and join me for a trip you'll never forget!!! smile.gif Thanks

The Pacific coast to the Great Plains = my playground!!! SummitPost Profile See my website at: http://www.lemkeclimbs.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
El Matador

El Matador
PostTue Jan 31, 2012 12:33 am 
Man I wish I had the time off to join you, we already have plans for an international trip to Morroco. Your itinerary looks EPIC, it is hitting a lot of the highlights along with many of the more obscure areas. Hope you get someone enlisted to join you. Matt

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders
PostSun Feb 05, 2012 8:28 pm 
Hey, I would love to do this trek with you, but your stipulation of needing another person, and a car, is where I am unable to help. I wish I could be of more assistance, but if you find someone and need a third, let me know and I would love to join!