Forum Index > Partners > Long term partner needed for day hikes, short overnights
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
doolie69

doolie69
PostTue Apr 12, 2011 8:13 pm 
I am a 41 yo married male here. Quiet type, no frills, easy going. I got into day hiking here and there 3 years ago. Looking to do more this year. Enjoy 8 to 12 milers or thereabouts, but am more into the pleasure of getting there as well so no limits. I have a knee injury, this doesn't slow me down too much but I do take more breaks on uphills and switchbacks because of it. I am planning my first overnighter this August. I am planning on 2 nights in the North Cascades somewhere, but possibly in the Gifford Pinchot too depending. I have been amassing equipment and now have the gear. I have camped extensively so I am not a stranger to the outdoors, just new to packing. You need to be a male, I am open to all types alternative lifestyles etc...just no drugs please. I am a bit of a loner so I think it may work better if you are sorta like that too, although I can be pretty chatty with the right person. This a situation where we need to meet and talk first then if we decide we want to we can try a day hike together. I am not picky, I am just being careful. I am good friend material-hope UR2!!! BTW I do pack heat while I am in the woods-I have my reasons, be cool with that. Let me know if interested I would love to talk about trips and go on a day hike soon. Thanks for looking. Chris

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
onemoremile

onemoremile
PostTue Apr 12, 2011 8:20 pm 
If you have anything planned for the Olympics, I'd probably be up for a hike. The snow over here is still pretty deep so it might be another bawl.gif month before I can get into the spots on my list.

“Arbolist? Look up the word. I don’t know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it’s an arbo-tree-ist, somebody who knows about trees.” G.W. Bush
the1mitch

the1mitch
PostWed Apr 13, 2011 8:36 pm 
Hey I'm in snohomish and not very alternative, maybe even boring, but heat friendly. Also a male and married and looking for hiking partner/partners. I'm a veteran hiker and would be up for overniters or day trips. Oh yeah I have crappy knees too and I don't hike fast unless chased by hornets. PM me

illegitimi non carborundum!
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Apr 14, 2011 12:47 am 
I am a t--rapper who also packs heat in certain areas and also wants to explore the North Cascades. I did my first multi-day trip last year in the NCP and now I am hooked, but alas the weather window is short. We went in August and even then experienced near gale force winds, sleet, and near-freezing temperature, for a few trips after that I packed waaaaay too many clothes. lol. I normally hike wed-fri, are you mostly a weekender?

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
uncoolperson
Out of breath

uncoolperson
Out of breath
PostThu Apr 14, 2011 7:01 am 
I hike to fish, which usually makes day trip length trips overnighters. I don't go for distance (max ~8 mile days). if you can handle taking multi hour breaks at lakes (or fish as well) shoot me a PM. mighty comfy in the woods (won't require babysitting), also pack iron, and my hiking speed is out of shape heavy smoker with a sporadic goofy knee slow.

In search of clear water, solitude, and stupid trout.
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostFri Apr 15, 2011 5:51 am 
Uncool you might also try joining the Hi Lakers group for the fishing aspect side. 2 cents

Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostWed May 09, 2012 10:29 am 
I live in Snohomish and am up for some day hiking or backpacking. I was going out with a group of women all the time, but they have all been busy lately. I do quite a bit around Sequim also. I am married, sometimes bring my Sheltie (she's getting too old for too much these days), and like to do the distances you're talking about. I am planning to go to Leavenworth area the weekend after this for car camping and snowshoeing Tumwater and Wenatchee Crest. So far the gals haven't been too interested so . . . depends on weather, though. I'm not much for snow or rain overnighting these days.

timberghost1972

timberghost1972
PostWed May 09, 2012 6:55 pm 
I'd be up for that. I am trying to get 40 hikes in this year since I turn 40 and also wanting to do a few overnighters 1-2 nights. I mostly go alone but a few are planed with thw wife and 3 year old day hikes only so would be nice to have a partner. I dont hike to fast so thats good and I also pack heat. I get along with most and am a hunter also if that makes any difference. I would be up for a meet and greet first if you want. I live in Granite Falls and do alot of hiking off the mountain loop hwy. A also want to do off trail adventures also. PM me if interested. Tony

Onthego

Onthego
PostWed May 09, 2012 10:07 pm 
If you like to hike during the week, I am also looking for a hiking partner. I do most hikes alone right now and usually incorperate a little fishing into my trips. I'm also married and a little older but in pretty good shape.

Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostThu May 10, 2012 8:11 am 
Currently, I have Fridays off due to job cutbacks. I have 8 weeks off in the summer but plan to do a lot of backpacking midweek then.

DitchDoc

DitchDoc
PostSun May 13, 2012 6:58 pm 
Off on the weekends, but class is over at noon on Fridays. Not a speed hiker, pack .45 myself. 44 y.o. Married and prior service and trained, no babysitting required here either. Shoot me a PM Haven't gotten out for much more than one overnighter so far, but I'm good for days or overnighters. Distance isn't an issue as long as I know what's planned. Doc

Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round. Any deviation from that is bad.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun May 13, 2012 7:05 pm 
I live in Issaquah, but I get out all over the place. So much for being the quiet type Doolie! You've got more suggestions than you can handle! LOL! The more the merrier. Hey Doc, I carry a .44. Between you and me everybody's safe. LOL. lol.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln