Forum Index > Partners > Hiking buddy
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Neet

Neet
PostSun Jun 10, 2012 10:33 pm 
I'm looking for a hiking/backpacking buddy or buddies to supplement my current supply. I can hike during the week this summer and my friends mostly can't, but I would also like new weekend-only hiking friends, because I like to go off-trail more, keep going longer, explore more remote areas, and generally be more adventuresome. I'm not especially stronger or faster than other hikers my age; I just seem to have more wanderlust and tolerance for mud and scratches. I don't like to hike anywhere where there are many people. Seeing no one or only a small group or two all day is just right. I hike with at least two athletic, well-trained trail dogs. I'm recovering from a minor injury so right now could only meet for walks. Should be able to do something short and easy like Taylor Mountain next week and be all better soon. Someone in the Tacoma area would be great, but other areas might work too. Someone with real navigation skills would be fantastic, but certainly not required (mine are minimal). I'm also interested in going with an experienced horseback rider (I'd walk, but I'm experienced with horses). I'm 54, female, good shape but can't keep up with 30-something hiking fiends like Neek (except when my dog pulls me, which he can do quite well).

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Jun 11, 2012 2:33 am 
I'm not in your area, I am east of Marysville on the MLH, I work most weekends and can hike usually wed-fri, I want to do more off trail travel. Do you hike on the Mountain loop much? There is one particular off-trail hike I really want to do this year. PM if you get up his way and need a weekday partner. I am an average white male, mid-aged.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message