Forum Index > Partners > Seeking Hiking Partner for PCT, August 21-31.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
David Geisinger

David Geisinger
PostThu Mar 01, 2012 9:35 am 
I seek a hiking partner, preferably male, to hike 125 miles of PCT from Rainy Pass to Stevens Pass, August 21 thru August 31. This is a trail pace of 12 or more miles per day average, starting near noon August 21. I will be flying from Albany, NY and have my airline tickets so the date is difficult to change. A PCT trail angel is committed to providing transportation from the Seattle area to the Rainy Pass trailhead. I have one tentative hiking partner from Montana who has a foot medical issue that may prevent him from going on this trip. I have section hiked all of the PCT except Stevens Pass to the Canada border. One more thing - you may need to know that I am 74 years old, in excellent health. David

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Navy salad

Navy salad
PostMon Mar 12, 2012 12:30 pm 
David Geisinger wrote:
A PCT trail angel is committed to providing transportation from the Seattle area to the Rainy Pass trailhead.
Wow, now that's what I call a pretty angelic trail angel!

kbatku
Questionable hiker

kbatku
Questionable hiker
PostSat Mar 24, 2012 9:43 am 
We should be passing through there about then. What's your name ? - mine is Daniel and my son is Ian.

HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostSun Mar 25, 2012 9:40 am 
I plan on hiking sections of that stretch this summer on and off myself. I live locally(Wenatchee). Most of my trips are rather spur of the moment depending on the weather but do sometimes plan things. I am in decent condition and within less than 10 years of your age.

David Geisinger

David Geisinger
PostSun Mar 25, 2012 5:59 pm 
Hello, I am more interested in a man who would like to hike the entire 125 mile section with me than parts of it. Does doing the entire section interest you including an expensive overnigth at a Stehekin iresort interest you? We will be walking south Rainy Pass to Stevens Pass over 11 day period, lots of up and down. David

David Geisinger

David Geisinger
PostSun Mar 25, 2012 6:02 pm 
Hello, I am interested in finding a man who would like to hike the entire section K with me from Rainy Pass south to Stevens Pass from August 21 to August 31, 125 miles. Are you interested in doing that? David

HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostSun Mar 25, 2012 8:10 pm 
David Geisinger wrote:
Hello, I am more interested in a man who would like to hike the entire 125 mile section with me than parts of it. Does doing the entire section interest you including an expensive overnigth at a Stehekin iresort interest you? We will be walking south Rainy Pass to Stevens Pass over 11 day period, lots of up and down. David
If you are directing this question to me the answer is I am probably not interested in doing a 125 mile hike in one shot. It has more to do with family and personal commitments than the hiking. BTW, an overnight in Stehekin does not need to be expensive. The free Purple Creek campground is about a three minute walk from "town". Nearby facilities include hot showers for $0.25, post office, store, hot food, beer, mt. bike rentals, etc. I have used that several times over the past few years while hiking up there. And probably will again this summer.

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostMon Mar 26, 2012 6:18 am 
Don't forget the Bakery!!!!!!!!!!!!

HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostMon Mar 26, 2012 7:14 am 
Yes of course! The Bakery is probably one of the most famous (or infamous) stops on the whole PCT. The reason I left it off the list was because the location is on the road a few miles from both Stehekin and where the PCT crosses the river. Given a choice I definitely would eat at the Bakery rather then down at the Stehekin Lodge. The pizza is to die for after a few hard days on the trail. I also forgot to mention there is a coin operated laundry at the same place you take showers near Purple Ck CG. edit: One way to do it is to stay at the campground in Stehekin and rent a bike to ride up to the bakery. That way you get the best of both places.

James Nee

James Nee
PostFri Jun 22, 2012 8:53 am 
I'm 75 yrs. young and also looking for a backpacking partner to hike the PCT from Snoqualmie Pass to Canada during the whole month of August 2012. I've section-hiked all the rest of the PCT. Perhaps we can work out some way to meet both our PCT wishes. Jim Nee Santa Cruz, CA