Forum Index > Partners > North Cascades climbing in August/September
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Climber Crabs

Climber Crabs
PostTue Jul 24, 2012 1:43 pm 
Anybody interested in some North Cascades trips this August or September? Specifically, I'm looking for somebody interested in climbing Shuksan, Snowfield, Eldorado or similar objectives in August or September. More generally: my current climbing partner doesn't have the time he used to and I'd definitely like to find some other people to go climbing with on a regular basis. My strengths lie in general mountaineering but I'm looking to get some more straight up rock experience under my belt too (stuff like Forbidden or Logan things like that). I have plenty of gear and a lot of snow/glacier/scrambling experience. I even trained up to be a mountain guide but didn't end up doing it. However I do have WFR and Avalanche Level 1 certfications as a result of that. I'm also pretty good at teaching others so I'd be happy to coach someone on glacier travel and rescue techniques if needed. If anybody in the Seattle area is interested please send me a message and we can chat. I try to get out as much as possible in the summer but am still probably an (extended) weekend warrior when it comes down to it. I do spend most of my free time dreaming about climbing but I don't think that counts :-)

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dane
Other

Dane
Other
PostTue Jul 24, 2012 7:29 pm 
Sent you a PM, let's talk up.gif

Without judgement what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves... -Death
gb

gb
PostMon Jul 30, 2012 9:29 am 
I may be interested as most of my old partners no longer climb. I guided for 18 years and have climbed extensively for nearly 40 years. I'm older now and wouldn't want to get into a race but am still quite fit. I like lot's of different kinds of trips from pure hiking to technical alpine climbing, but my favorite is off trail (but not brushy) cross-country travel.