Forum Index > Food & Grub > recommended eats in west seattle?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
hikr

hikr
PostSun Apr 14, 2013 3:52 pm 
I like to hike some of the city parks in W. Seattle. What are some recommended eats in W. Seattle? I ate at Taco Time in W. Seattle today (first time) and I was pretty impressed. Much better all the way around than TB and conducive to pre/post hike eating. Are there any other spots you'd recommend in W.Seattle for pre/post hike eats?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wakerobin

wakerobin
PostMon Apr 15, 2013 9:47 pm 
West 5 has a great happy hour. They don't have a fryer so no burgers and fries post hike, but their mac and cheese is divine. They are open for lunch too. Also, good sloppy joes. Cactus on Alki also has a good happy hour. I sometimes do Lincoln Park to Alki, happy hour at Cactus then walk back to the park (around 9 miles I think.) Terrible Beauty is good pub grub and beer! Mission up in the Admiral District is yummy (sorry, I eat a lot of "Mexican" food.) Elliott Bay is classic, although I much prefer the Burien location (where the actual brewery is.) Marination Ma Kai is also down on Alki, I am not a fan, but I think I am the only one smile.gif If you are down Burien way, The Tin Room is pretty good, Elliott Bay or La Estacion if you want real Mexican (it's in the old Wendy's on Ambaum.) Now I'm hungry...

Between the silence of the mountains and the crashing of the sea...
ufgiris

ufgiris
PostSun Apr 21, 2013 10:48 pm 
Thanks. up.gif up.gif

Singing songs like 'The Man I Love' or 'Porgy' is no more work than sitting down and eating Chinese roast duck, and I love roast duck. I have got a nice iphone case. More.
marzsit
Dork

marzsit
Dork
PostMon Apr 22, 2013 4:10 am 
there's a convenience store/deli at 35th ave and barton street that used to be a "hoagy's corner", and they still make the same hoagys that are as awesome as they were back in the 80's smile.gif spud on alki is the best place to get fish and chips period. spud in kirkland is the next best bet. i used to rave about ivars, but their quality has slipped to the point where i don't like ivars as much as i used to............ pepperdock on alki has good burgers.