Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Another culture plug
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostWed Jun 15, 2005 11:12 pm 
I was going to shut up about this sort of stuff, bit I can't help it. No one on this site ever goes to any art events I recommend ('cept Dogpatch!), so I haven't been recommending stuff. But man, you gotta see Seattle Shakes' Taming of the Shrew. It's an all-male cast, just like in the good ole days. Hilarious from the very start, and I don't mean a dorky stage snobbery kind of hilarious - I'm talking about just plain funny. You don't even have to be a fan of Shakespeare; if all you want to do is laugh, marvel at witticism and be "wowed," see this one. It's been held over til Saturday so there's not much time left.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Captain Trips

Captain Trips
PostThu Jun 16, 2005 11:36 am 
Pardon me Quark, I've gone to enough Requiem's, broadway plays and violin and viola recitals recently to cause me to pledge channel nine, buy a monicle and question my hetrosexual manhood, referring to the broadway plays in the latter. Keep up the suggestions, you go girl !

C#

C#
PostFri Jun 17, 2005 10:17 pm 
Hey Cap', ( <----note adjacent use of apostrophe and coma), I'm in the market for a monacle too. What's the latest and greatest? Should I go digital, or buy one of cheaper analog ones? I like color saturation. Any thoughts there? Lightweight is paramount, of course. A kite string works as well as a gold chain, and I can fly a kite on the other end if the wind is right. Style? Not alot of monacles out there yet, but with everyone listing to chamber music and questioning their manhood, riding the leading edge of a new fashion might be the safest place to be before it catches on to the masses. .O ^ \_/ huh.gif

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostWed Jun 22, 2005 12:43 pm 
I just got the DVD of Romeo and Juliet with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes. I too am in support of Billy's fine works up.gif What can I say...Culture is a hobby of mine