Forum Index > Trail Talk > Man missing at Rachel lake trail
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostThu Jul 07, 2005 4:58 pm 
Did you say he had the "clap", "craps", or "cramps", sounds constitutionally unsound. embarassedlaugh.gif

Living in the Anthropocene
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Snowshoe Hare
Defunct lagomorph

Snowshoe Hare
Defunct lagomorph
PostThu Jul 07, 2005 5:41 pm 
C-L-A-M-P-S. How could you mistake any of the excellent, clear and rational information you have received so far????

wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostThu Jul 07, 2005 6:06 pm 
I am a little unclear and irrational at best winksmile.gif

Living in the Anthropocene
Tazz

Tazz
PostFri Jul 08, 2005 7:21 am 
ok did they really find the guy? Was he at home? Or is he still missing? seriously dizzy.gif

Snowshoe Hare
Defunct lagomorph

Snowshoe Hare
Defunct lagomorph
PostFri Jul 08, 2005 3:03 pm 
I haven't a clue and didn't see anything about it in this morning's P.I.

wanderwild

wanderwild
PostFri Jul 08, 2005 5:54 pm 
trying to interpret this: so the guy who gave the quote is a neighbor. and obviously these people don't live at the rachel lake trailhead... so was the neighbor with him at the trailhead? or did the neighbor see him get into his car to drive to the trailhead? this whole "going on a walk, but not a hike" thing is confusing the hell out of me. and the fact that it doesn't say where the guy was last seen...

"Whatever your mountain, climb on."
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostFri Jul 08, 2005 7:16 pm 
wanderwild wrote:
trying to interpret this: so the guy who gave the quote is a neighbor. and obviously these people don't live at the rachel lake trailhead... so was the neighbor with him at the trailhead? or did the neighbor see him get into his car to drive to the trailhead? this whole "going on a walk, but not a hike" thing is confusing the hell out of me. and the fact that it doesn't say where the guy was last seen...
There's a neighbor and there's a friend. The friend saw him at the Rachel Lake trailhead. But, the neighbor was the last person to see him. Obviously, the missing man left the trailhead, went home, and went for a walk in the neighborhood. The search is being conducted in the wrong place.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostFri Jul 08, 2005 11:20 pm 
Kiro tv just reported that they have given up looking for this guy eek.gif , that without new leads there is no reason to continue searching. shakehead.gif Wow, I think this guy did want to disappear, wonder where he went?

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Jul 08, 2005 11:30 pm 
I'm his other neighbor. He told me he was going to visit his aunt Rachel in Cairo, Illinois, and who is suffering from leg cramps. The kiro truck is now stuck in a traffic jam in Carthage, Iowa. Sounds very Romanesque.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Tazz

Tazz
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 11:46 am 
rotf.gif is all seriousness i think he wanted to disappear too. It is sad. I hope he didn't go up there to disappear it would not be nice to run across his body when hiking shakehead.gif now that would be something to ruin a hike. but this thread is one of the funniest ykm.gif especially when SH and Quark pipe in lol.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 11:50 am 
What the heck ever happened to that guy who disapered at Colchuck lake last summer? Strange for sure.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 12:36 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
What the heck ever happened to that guy who disapered at Colchuck lake last summer? Strange for sure.
curious about that one myself..since I was up there when all the helicopters were flying around. There were a few people missing that weekend/week. All were found but one that I know of.

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley
Lead Dog

Lead Dog
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 1:08 pm 
Sasquatches ate them both. happymeal.gif

My hair's turning white, my neck's always been red, my collor's still blue. Lynard Skynard
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 2:25 pm 
Lead Dog wrote:
Sasquatches ate them both. happymeal.gif
How many more do we have to loose before someone makes clamps mandatory. bawl.gif Proper clamp usage will fend off any and all bear and sasquatch attacks. I for one, am willing to commit my precious time spent here, to educate and enlighten hikers, friends and newspeople everywhere, on the value of clamps in the wilderness. I will need some stock photos and maybe some old textbooks if anyone can help.

salish

salish
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 3:17 pm 
I've been thinking ahout him off and on, too. I was up there just a few days before he got lost, heading for Asgaard for my Enchantments trip, and we got hit with a freak storm a couple of miles in and got clobbered so bad with mixed rain and snow that we had to bivy a half mile or so below Colchuck. I got myself into a really bad hypothermic situation and had a very scary night, and we retreated back down the next morning because climbers coming off Asgaard told us there was enough snow coming down on the pass that you really needed ice axes, which we didn't have. It's easy to get into trouble in that area, I think.
actionbetty wrote:
Backpacker Joe wrote:
curious about that one myself..since I was up there when all the helicopters were flying around. There were a few people missing that weekend/week. All were found but one that I know of.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.